Covid Strikes Again

Disneykingofkings

Mouseketeer
so we have 2 trips planned, nov 29 for 10 days and jan 31 for 8 days;
nov 29 bonnet creek, dw, dd, and sil at a 2 bedroom presidential suite; jan 31 BWI Deluxe CL Room; now, last monday tested pos for covid - 1st time; still not over; i really want to go now and not only jan 31; im no youngster and have comorbidities and get sever panic attics during covid attacks; keeping fingers crossed for both trips and should be a go for both as long as i dont run out of alprazolam(xanax); a few pills and a hot shower and BP drops from 195/95 to 110/70 in 19 minutes; i just dont want any ER visits via ambulance that would freak out family; keeping fingers crossed and a full stockpile of meds: xanax, hydrocodone, tramadol, gabapentin; they do the trick once i get them in my system; praying to the tiki g-ds and pixie dust to make these trips come off; its been too long!

We have a trip coming up too, so I know the fear.

I've had a cough. Nothing else. Took two covid tests three days apart, both neg. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Just a reminder tis the season for rsv and the flu.

Take your vitamin c
Get any vaccines recommended by you doctor
Where a mask if you choose and it's safe for you

Illness has always been around, long before the concept of travel and vacations.
It's sucks for sure and we are all hyper aware of it now. But trip cancelation due to sickness was a possibility long before 2019 and it will never not be a possibility.

Well, the title does serve as a reminder.
We all know the drill.
Just had my flu shot and learned the fifth vaccine is available.
I don’t like this but I did learn how important these vaccines( shingles for example) can help . You might still get sick but having the vaccines help . Stress contributed but I had minimal shingle outbreak thankfully.
So I am keeping updated with flu & Covid, etc.
I hope you are staying strong and your physician clears you for your excellent travel plans. And thanks for posting.

Am I reading your data right? You tested positive on the 7 th? Are you sick sick or like me had a cough so I thought I test just to be sure? Shouldn't you be ok in 10 days? Is seems more people now are getting covid but with very little/mild issues.

Am I missing something?

As someone who went to WDW several times over the past few years & thankfully avoided sickness (got it at work instead 🙃 ), there are a few things you can do to limit your exposure, if that's what you're concerned about. I mask on indoor rides, in queues, and eat outside or ask for tables that are more isolated, if possible. I have a chronic illness that was triggered when I got covid, so I understand being as vigilant as possible without fully limiting your life activities.

If you're more concerned about aftereffects or extended symptoms post-sickness, I'd recommend taking it easy. Enjoy coffee on your balcony (the rooms sound beautiful!), build in times for breaks, and identify quieter spots in the parks where you can relax, since you'll be there during busier times. You know what it takes to keep you calm and rested, so I'd take comfort in knowing you're prepared and hopefully ready to enjoy your trips.

Everyone keep up your vitamin D or at least know your current level! Most important especially for covid.

As for the original poster, I don't know what to say. I am young-ish 🤪and got covid for the 1st time this September. It kicked my butt for 3 weeks. It wasn't really the symptoms but the fatigue. And for some odd reason i didn't develop a cough till I was almost feeling better. Then the cough took a long while to clear up.

Everyone is different and only you can decide how you feel. Technically, the length of time is already past when you are clear so that's a non-issue.

I got it 2 days before I was supposed to leave for a trip my wife and I had been planning for two years. My wife left the day before I got it (she had a conference that she was going early for, and didn't get sick) so I was stuck at home alone for two weeks while she continued on with the vacation. The timing couldn't have been worse.

I would call Disney customer service and tell them that you tested positive for COVID 19 and see if you can either get a refund or get everything pushed back to a later date. I would definitely recommend staying home if you tested positive. I hope you feel better soon.

I'd be more worried about a Disney World trip on that many narcotics. Take it easy, don't push yourself. I know the longing to go, but Disney World will still be there. I'm sure your family would rather you be healthy & at home than in the hospital or on narcotics on the trip.

I went to Disney every year in December for 20 years. I came sick about 15 of those times. I would come home with strep and or a really bad sinus infection. One June visit, I got walking pneumonia, my husband a double ear infection and our adult daughter bronchitis. We never licked handrails, we never ate without washing my hands, etc. Germs are everywhere. We never thought about it so much before because it was not being shoved at us every turn. If you are running fever, stay home. That is when you are truly contagious. Be fever free 24 hours before going around others. And remember, regardless of what the TV or big pharma tells you, there are many, many false positives for both home and PCR tests.

so we have 2 trips planned, nov 29 for 10 days and jan 31 for 8 days;
nov 29 bonnet creek, dw, dd, and sil at a 2 bedroom presidential suite; jan 31 BWI Deluxe CL Room; now, last monday tested pos for covid - 1st time; still not over; i really want to go now and not only jan 31; im no youngster and have comorbidities and get sever panic attics during covid attacks; keeping fingers crossed for both trips and should be a go for both as long as i dont run out of alprazolam(xanax); a few pills and a hot shower and BP drops from 195/95 to 110/70 in 19 minutes; i just dont want any ER visits via ambulance that would freak out family; keeping fingers crossed and a full stockpile of meds: xanax, hydrocodone, tramadol, gabapentin; they do the trick once i get them in my system; praying to the tiki g-ds and pixie dust to make these trips come off; its been too long!
Good luck. I am sure it will be fine.

We caught COVID our last trip, but were pretty much fine. Honestly, my DH gets sick every dang time we go. Drives me nuts. We think it is from all the flowers 😄

Seriouslt though, plan for the worst (which you seem to have covered) and hope for the best. It's going to be ok and sending good health and pixie dust your way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter