couponing question (beginner please help!)

Forevryoung

DIS Veteran
I knew you guys could help me-

If something is b1g1f and you have a coupon for buy 2 get __ off do you have to purchase 2 (and really get 4) or can you pick up 2 and get 1 free and the ___ off the singular box. In other words do you really have to pay for 2?

Also, my store doubles until .50 i think (nobody will say for sure) does that mean that I need two of those coupons? It's saying it's doubling on the receipt but there is no change in price-

Thanks! :wave:

At the two stores I mainly shop at, you would only have to buy one. Different store computers handle BOGOFs differently, however. For example, I shop mainly at two stores and they handle them very differently. At Food Lion, anything that's BOGOF scans half price, which means you can just buy one! At Harris Teeter, BOGOFs are not taken off until the end and you must buy two to get the discount. You can use two coupons on a BOGOF, however, at both stores.

Doubling does not mean you need two coupons. Harris Teeter doubles up to 50 cents, and you can clearly see it on the receipt at the bottom. The item scans the regular price, however, so the coupons and the BOGOF deductions do not show up until the end of the receipt.

I don't understand the "no change in price" part of your post.

Thanks!

No change in price meaning I dont think they are really doubling them but just claiming they are ;)

My local groceries don't have true BOGO's. If you buy one, they just give you half price. If you buy 2, it shows each of them for half price, so if a coupon specified 2 items, I only have to buy 2 (not 4). Each store is probably different. My receipt shows a double coupon immediately - it will say coupon - 50¢, then the next line says double coupon - 50¢. If you're not sure, I guess you can add up your total prices and see how much was deducted at the end. Maybe your store only doubles up to 50¢, so a 49¢ coupon would be doubled, but not a 50¢ one? Around here they double up to 99¢!

When I shop if I have 2 coupons for an item and there is a store sale for B1G1, I can always use 2 coupns for my 2 boxes; only paying for one of the boxes.

Thanks guys for your help- I saved over 50% at Giant using my coupons and would have done better but I "had" to get the poptarts (I didnt have a coupon for them).

:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter