Couple of questions for you experts!

beattyfamily

DIS Cast Member
Hi,

Like I said in a previous post we are going to Paris for the first time next month and planning to visit DLP at least one day. It will be four of us with two DD's 5 and 2.

Well, I've got a couple of questions, please.

We'll be there from Wed., 25 April thru Mon., 29 April, coming home on 30 April. So 5 full days and then half a day on our return day. Our Apartment hotel is in Arrondissement 1 near the Louvre. We are arriving very early in the morning. Do you think our hotel would hold our luggage till check in time or do we need to rent a locker somewhere?

Is the Paris Visite (5 consecutive days and up to Zone 5 to get us to DLP) our best bet for getting around? It's 47.50 Euros. Then I heard about a Carte Orange which is weekly from Monday to Sunday for 50% less money but it would only be good for us for 4 days (Wed thru Sun). I think you need a photo for this, too? Should we use whatever we end up buying to get to our hotel? Or should we just get a taxi?

I'm a bit overwhelmed as you can see.

Also, can you buy DLP passes before you arrive at the parks? What days during our stay do you think are best to visit DLP? Weekdays? Friday or Monday? Is Sunday a better day to visit than Saturday?

Any other advice or tips would be greatly appreciated. I didn't know where else to ask these kinds of questions. Thank you in advance!:D

HI there!

I'm afraid I can't help with your questions (I haven't yet been to DLP :( ), but didn't want you to feel lonely until someone else comes along with some answers for you!

I would have though the hotel would keep your luggage but, if I were you, I would phone them to check.

The train to DLP is good and quick so I would use that rather than a taxi - don't know about the multi-day tickets as we stayed at DLP and got a one day rover type ticket that let us visit Paris and use the Metro.

Not sure about what days DLP is busy but I would guess that the closer you get to Easter, the busier it gets so I would go early in your stay.

Another good theme park to visit is Parc Asterix which is to the north of Paris - it is much less busy than DLP but has some excellent rides. See Parc Asterix for details.

Sorry I can't be more helpful but I thought anything is better than sitting there thinking your thread is being ignored :rolleyes:

I would definitely choose to do the parks on weekdays rather than at the weekends. Both Saturday and Sunday get very crowded with locals, while weekdays can be a doddle, especially out of the main holiday times. Here is the link to all the ticket info you need:

Click here!

Basically, you can buy tickets at the following outlets:

At the entrance to the Disney Theme Parks
Any Disney Store in the UK and on the Champs-Elysées in Paris
The Thomas Cook Bureau de change at the UK Eurotunnel Passenger Terminal Building in Folkestone, UK Passenger ferry terminal in Portsmouth and onboard P & O Portsmouth Ferries.
On board P & O Stena Line Ferries on the Dover to Calais and Dover to Zeebrugge routes
Keith Prowse tel.: 028 90 720031 and Seligo tel: 0870 705 5000
The Paris Tourist Office at Orly and Roissy/Charles de Gaulle airports and on the Champs Elysées in Paris
Virgin Megastore on the Champs Elysées in Paris
Over 100 RATP (Metro) ticket offices
Eurostar Ticketing Desks at Waterloo International and Ashford International stations, and the Eurostar Ticket Shop in Victoria, London

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter