Counter Service Suggestions in Epcot?

leighe

<font color=teal>Are we there yet?<br><font color=
We will be going to Le Cellier for dinner and just wanted to know what anyone would suggest for an early counter-service lunch. I don't think I've ever eaten counter service in Epcot. I have no idea what we'll want - typical fast food or something from WS.

TIA!

The Tangeriene Cafe in Morroco is incredibly good. My husband and I ususally split the chicken platter; it has lots of chicken and several sides (hummus, tabouleh, couscous) plus bread.

And their desserts are very good too; lots of versions of phyllo pastry with honey syrup and various nuts (mmm, pistachio baklava....).

Shelley

my dh always eats at the Germany counter for brat and sauerkraut and I get my food from Mexico - yum!

For variety, in case you can't decide on one place, try the food court in The Land.

Also, the quick service in Japan is nice, and we have had luck with some of the offerings at the Cantina in Mexico (those Margaritas don't hurt, either!)

For burgers and fries, either the Electric Umbrella or Liberty Tavern in the American Pavillion are fine.

Have a great time, and save room for Le Cellier...yum~!:)

Another vote for Tangerine Cafe! It's our family's favorite counter service in WDW. If you want a light meal the Yakatori House and the cafe in Norway (can't spell it) are both good choices.

Jennifer

I am going to second the Electric Umbrella :flower: We had a quick meal there and it was quite enjoyable. I got the Island salad which was really yummy and DH enjoyed the pineapple coleslaw....

Not very exoitc considering the options, but we really enjoy the Liberty Inn. They have really good burgers, with a nice fixins bar. ;)

Whatever you do, don't eat at The Land! We had the worst food of our trip there. OTOH, Yakitori House in Japan was just fabulous. We even did it twice we liked it so much. :love:

Thanks for all the suggestions! I'm hungry now. Tomorrow we'll be eating our way throught Epcot!

jsmla said:
Another vote for Tangerine Cafe! It's our family's favorite counter service in WDW. If you want a light meal the Yakatori House and the cafe in Norway (can't spell it) are both good choices.

Jennifer

I would definitely agree with these choices, although I would put the Yakatori House before Tangerine Cafe. The Kringla Bakeri og Cafe in Norway is also very good but somewhat dessert oriented. Also, there is indoor seating in Japan and Morocco.

We like the counter service in Germany. Try the smoked ham sandwhich on pretzel bread!

Gotta go with the brat and sauerkraut in Germany. Wash it down with a nice cold beer and you've got the perfect lunch. :D

Love the Sunshine Food Court in the land for lunch, so everyone can pick what they want... :flower1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter