Counter Service pland worth it?

disneytraceyl

Loving All Things Disney
We have an upcoming trip to land. We have never done the Counter Service dining plan. Is it worth it? Last trip we did the Table Service dining plan. We loved it, but this time we don't want to have to schedule our dining times hence the Counter Service dining plan.

To determine if the plan is worth it, you need to cost it out to see if you will save any money. Look at the menus for the counter service restaurants on Allears.net and see what you would eat. I always get the deluxe dining plan and have always saved money. Now that the price has increased to $100 per day, it will be more difficult to see a savings if you don't plan on ordering the most expensive entree at each meal.

If you don't normally eat dessert with lunch and dinner and you aren't seeking out the very expensive CS meals you can do all CS meals OOP cheaper than what the dining plan costs.

A standard park CS meal with drink runs between $10 and $12. Do that twice a day and add one $5 snack and you only come out to about $27. The sit down dining plan is almost $40 per person.

If you factor in the desserts and you try to get the most expensive CS meals then you might break even or come out a little bit ahead.

We have only done the QSDP when it was free. Then it was a great deal. Same with the DDP. We have only done it when it was free. You can always eat cheaper OOP if you try.

We priced out some sample meals and compared it to the QSDP and the dining plan was going to cost us about $10 more each per day vs. paying for what we'd actually eat out of pocket. We normally wouldn't order desert with a counter service meal, and we never seem to order any of the pricier menu items. I'd crunch the numbers for yourself, but I don't think most people will save anything by going with the QSDP these days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter