Counter Service Fish and Chips

kbmartin

DIS Veteran
We will have several counter service credits to use on our next trip.

On our Epcot day, we might be a tad hungry and I thought of the Yorkshire Fish Shop. I also thought about Cookes of Dublin at Disney Springs.

Would you call these "really good" fish and chips... or just okay? We don't want to waste credits on "just okay" as there are so many great places to eat at WDW.

Thanks in advance!

Both are very good, but I wouldn't trek from Epcot to DS for a snack.

Safe travels and happy fishing!

I should clarify! I'm just saying they both could have potential for when I am in Epcot or when I am in Disney Springs. I definitely would NOT leave Epcot for Cookes of Dublin at the Springs, haha, or vice versa.

Thanks!

I would go with Yorkshire, very good use of counter credit. We stop here every trip, very good amount of food that is always super fresh. My wife and I sometimes share depending how hungry we are.

The fish and chips at Epcot are good (but seem a tad more greasy perhaps).

Cooke's has a large menu to choose from, their fish and chips are very good, they also have refillable fountain drinks. As everyone above has mentioned, I also wouldn't go out of my way to Disney Springs from Epcot just to eat. When we are in DS we do often eat at Cooke's. When we are in Epcot, we usually split one order of fish and chips.

We really like them and it is now a tradition to get them every time we are at Epcot.

They're one of my favorite CS meals, along with Tangerine Cafe, those are often the only ones I'll eat during a trip.

Yorkshire Fish Shop fish and chips are usually okay. I have had an occasional greasy order. Cookes of Dublin are excellent. They also have a gluten free version that my gluten intolerant DW considers a special treat.

We do Cooke's on most trips. They have a much better menu if DH isn't in the mood for F & C. I have always enjoyed my F & C there.

I'm gluten free too and got the fish and onion rings at Cookes twice this past trip. It tastes the same as Raglan Road's gf fish and onion rings, which makes sense since they're connected.

Yorkshire Fish House is VERY good. Comparable to the fish at Rose & Crown. Just not the selection that R&C has. I heartily recommend it.

Yorkshire Fish Shop fish and chips are usually okay. I have had an occasional greasy order. Cookes of Dublin are excellent. They also have a gluten free version that my gluten intolerant DW considers a special treat.

+1.

Ds12 loves them both. I don't think you can go wrong with either. Ds gives the slight edge to Yorkshire since you get two pcs of fish there and only one OC at Cookes. He's a pre teen who eats a lot!

Columbia Harbor House also has fish and chips in MK and they're pretty good.

We had both in 12/2015. And, at R&C. All three were yummy. I think Cooke's were the best. We had a wait a few minutes for a weird reason that I can not remember--which I had to tell them to stop apologizing for--and the food was beyond pipping hot!!! The fresh cooked factor certainly gave it the edge. The fish and chips were cooked perfectly and not greasy!!

Love the fish and chips at Yorkshire. We usually get them and find a place to set in the garden and enjoy.

If you have lots if CS credits, Les Halles is good as is Sunshine Seasons.

I was wondering how big are the pieces of fish because they look small in the pics can't tell if it's just the pic or it's small

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter