Counter Service at Animal Kingdom

Linda T.

DIS Veteran
I was wondering if anyone has ever eaten at Tucker House Restaurant or Flame Tree Barbeque for lunch and how did you like the food? Any other counter service restaurants worth eating at? Thanks for all your help.

We had a very good lunch at Tusker House last year. I had the salmon, DW had the chicken. It was a good deal with the voucher that included your meal, a drink later and popcorn or ice cream.

I personally find the counter service in AK to be the best of all the parks. It isn't the normal, burgers, hot dogs, and chicken strips offerings. We have really enjoyed eating at Tuskers House. Plus just outside there is always some live performance to entertain you! We are looking forward to trying some of the other ones this trip, but Flametree is supposed to be great too!

Good luck, I don't think you will be disappointed.

You can view menus on www.allearsnet.com

Heidi

Flame Tree is phenomenal!! I had the pulled pork sandwich with onion rings and cole slaw. Yumm...Oh great now I'm hungry!!

We have enjoyed Tusker House and Pizzafari so maybe we'll try Flame Tree this trip. When DH's family came with us last year, I know some of them ate at Flame Tree and really liked it.

They are both a cut above normal counter service restaurants IMO.

We enjoy the variety and good cooking here. My only gripe with the Flame Tree is that for me it is not a good one on a very hot day at lunchtime - I prefer to be inside with aircon!

I agree, AK counter service is the best of the Parks. Tusker & Flame Tree our our favorites at AK. I love the rotisserie chicken at Tusker.

Tusker house is great!! They also have a great breakfast that beats a sit down breakfast or a quick bite. The first few times we went to AK we ate at Flame tree, but it seemed to never be as good as the first time we ate there.

Miffy2003 said:
My only gripe with the Flame Tree is that for me it is not a good one on a very hot day at lunchtime - I prefer to be inside with aircon!

I ate at Flame Tree last August and it was a HOT day. However, we found a really nice shaded area down by the water with tables and ate there. Apparently, not too many people knew it was there becuase it was empty. We even had Mickey and Minnie float by on a boat and stop to wave. It wasn't air conditioning, but it wasn't all that hot either.

We ate at Flame Tree Barbeque last February and loved it. I thought it was by far the best counter service meal I had in any of the parks. I have not tried Tusker House - so can't comment on that. I can't wait to go back. The meal voucher was definitely a good deal.

Dh and I both enjoyed breakfast and lunch at Tusker House this past fall. For lunch, we split the grilled chicken salad and a slice of cheesecake. For breakfast, we split the hash browns, sausage, biscuits/gravy, and scrambled eggs. Each time, there was more than enough for both of us.

Two weeks ago, DH and I love the ribs and onion rings at Flame Tree Barbecue. A good value if you're on the dining plan (and even if you're not) and very filling. The barbecue sandwiches also looked very good. We liked the key lime pie too.

We have had really good success at Flame Tree Bar-b-que. When you go to the MK, check out the meal deal in which you get a meal w/drink , a drink, and a snack for about $11. It is worth the price. If you like beer, try a Safari Amber. It is a specialty beer that is only found at the AK and the AK Lodge. It is very good.

We love Flame Tree and Pizzafari, I had the chicken ceasar salad there and I loved it! Nice change from burgers and fries!

The chicken entree at the Tusker House was excellent! I would definately recommend you try it! I know I will be doing so in a couple of weeks! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter