Counter Service and Water Bottles

disneysailor

Mouseketeer
Sorry if this has been asked/answered before, but I can never get the search function to work :confused3 ... Anyway, can you get bottled water with your CS meal instead of a soft drink when using the DDP? Does it vary from one CS location to another? Thanks for any help!

disneysailor said:
Sorry if this has been asked/answered before, but I can never get the search function to work :confused3 ... Anyway, can you get bottled water with your CS meal instead of a soft drink when using the DDP? Does it vary from one CS location to another? Thanks for any help!

We were able to get a bottle of water with our CS meals. The size varied by location. At POP, we were able to get a large bottle, while at the water parks, it was a small bottle.

Most had bottled water but it varied. Some would have lemonade instead of soft drinks but one time we only had soft drinks as an option. That was at the Sunshine Seasons at Epcot.

Thanks for asking this, I have been wondering also. My children only drink milk and water and I am not too sure if milk is available and if it is do I really want them to drink it then stand out in the heat all day. If we can't get water we might pass on the drink for them.

kj2mom said:
Thanks for asking this, I have been wondering also. My children only drink milk and water and I am not too sure if milk is available and if it is do I really want them to drink it then stand out in the heat all day. If we can't get water we might pass on the drink for them.

You can always get a cup of ice water for free from any counter service location that serves fountain drinks. We drank a lot of the Minute maid light lemonade a few weeks ago. That seemed to quench our thirst better than the soda.

We were able to get bottled water everywhere EXCEPT Wolfgang Puck Express. I wasn't a happy camper because there was nothing caffeine free and sugar free and there was no water faucet. After enough badgering they finally did fill a cup of water for me from the back--previously they suggested I fill it in the bathroom ;P

Yvonne

I ordered a large bottle with a "sippy top" everywhere we went in the parks.

I had no trouble getting a large bottle of water at

Starring Rolls
Cosmic Rays
Tusker House
All Star Sports

Deb

Thanks for all the great information. :thumbsup2 Both my teenagers have given up soda so the bottled water works out great! I'm glad to see so many places offer it instead of soda. It would be great to order cups of ice water at the same time so that we can save the bottled water for park touring!

I just read a live report where the OP stated that water bottles were not being included with CS. Has anyone just returned with similar/different experiences? Thanks!

disneysailor said:
I just read a live report where the OP stated that water bottles were not being included with CS. Has anyone just returned with similar/different experiences? Thanks!

Yes someone that is reporting live from WDW (or was yesterday, I think she said she was going to be w/out internet for a few days) said she was told she had to use a snack credit for the water.

The diet lemonaid is a good option or just ask for tap water. I bet you could even get them to give you it in the large cups instead of the tiny ones they normally use for the free 'tap' water.

If it's changed, it changed in the last couple of weeks. I was there in Mid June and had no problem getting a bottle of water with any of my CS meals

Deb

disneysailor said:

I was thinking that was at TS places, but I'm probably wrong.

We are on the August free dining plan. I was telling DH about the water bottle thing today. I said, if you were to tell me 10 years ago that I would be able to get any soda for free, but would have to pay for water in a bottle, I would have thought you were nuts!!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl2:

Here is a link to the original post we were talking about. First post item #6 states that at both TS and CS bottled water and/or juice was not allowed *sometimes*

Here now thread

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter