Counted Cross Stitch ?

kayeandjim00

<font color=purple>Now living in Onderland!<br><fo
I was looking for a new hobby and decided to give this a try. I am working on my first project, a bookmark and it's going well. I am wondering where the best place for books, patterns, kits, etc. is? Online or specific chain stores? I am specifically right now looking for a Halloween/Fall kit. Nothing really hard as I am just getting started. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any help!

I have gotten things at JoAnn Fabrics, AC Moore, Michael's and Wal-mart. Some cities have specialty stores as well!! Good luck to you!!! I love to Cross Stitch!!!!

Thanks Jiminy102 - I hit Michael's yesterday and Joann's and Wal-Mart today. I am excited about it - my first project is a Santa Bookmark and it's starting to actually look like something after the time I spent on it tonight! :D

I also love to cross stitch. I got away from it for a couple of years and just in the past 3 months have done 2.5 items.
I found it great to work on while waiting in the drs. office.

Good luck

I too love cross-stitching. Though basially the stores mention are it. You can also buy patterns off of ebaby. I got a Harley Davidson Motorcycle for my brother. You have to buy the thread seperate of course, that is where Wal-Mart is so handy. I am working on a Thomas Kinkaid picture for my Sister. It takes alot of time to finish a project, but more than likely everyone knows the time you spend on it, and it makes it appreciated even that much more.
I also do alot of reading, mostly Harlequin books...it is something I started doing as a preteen and still do today.
My spare time and money is spent on cross-stitching, reading and last but certainly my favorite is Mickey Mouse!!

Easiest places to get started are Michael's and Hobby Lobby. They have the best selections usually (at least down here) to start with.

Once you want to expand some more, there are more online shops than I can keep up with that have great patterns. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter