Countdown to the end of the school year!

kdonnel

DVC-BCV
My daughter finished her freshman year of college today and my son only has 14 days of high school left.

I’m looking forward to my daughter coming home for a while and for no more early morning and afternoon trips to the high school.

As a teacher I think my wife is the most excited.

Summer vacation!!!!

My daughter finished her freshman year of college today and my son only has 14 days of high school left.

I’m looking forward to my daughter coming home for a while and for no more early morning and afternoon trips to the high school.

As a teacher I think my wife is the most excited.

Summer vacation!!!!
I’m jealous! We go all the way until June 28th! We did get a week in Feb for President’s Day, 12 days off for Easter/Spring Break and because we didn’t use any snow days, 6 days off for Memorial Day but I’d still rather get out earlier in June. I’ll have one week off and then start the 6 week summer school program for the Life Skills kids. No rest for the weary! :o

19 school days left here!

ETA: Our school career has just begun, though. My oldest moves on from kindergarten. And my youngest won’t start for 2 more years!

Last edited:
My daughter has 21 school days left. It would be 14 but this winter was so brutal that they racked up a bunch of snow make up days. I am officially off for the summer and am looking forward to her being off too so that I can sleep in lol

I’m jealous! We go all the way until June 28th! We did get a week in Feb for President’s Day, 12 days off for Easter/Spring Break and because we didn’t use any snow days, 6 days off for Memorial Day but I’d still rather get out earlier in June.

That is kind of strange. I bet the kids are just "done" after the Memorial Day break!

DS is counting days as well. He has 15 actual class days, hopefully only one final (seniors can be exempt from some) and then graduation rehearsals/senior week things.

I'm looking forward to being off for the summer too!

I am definitely the most excited. This has been a physically draining, emotionally exhausting semester. I have my last clinical of the semester today, then final exams week after next.

My kids go until the end of June(I think the last day is 28) but they’ll be missing the last three 1/2 days for our trip!

We.Can’t.Wait.

I've got one kid with senior-itis and one with 8th grade-itis, so yeah, can't wait until the next few weeks are over. High school senior is all but done at this point, but is going through the motions (and all the final month of senior year stuff) in the meantime. 8th grader is already looking forward to high school so has pretty well checked out now.

Mine aren't done until the end of June. They get several week long breaks throughout the year like Fall Break and Mid-Winter break though, and return to school after Labor Day. Also, I work from home, so if I finish stuff early I get peaceful outdoor yard work time in nice weather without listening to my kids argue over who gets to ride on which scooter, so there's that.... :)

Last day is 6/14 here. By the time June hits kids aren't doing too much. DD16 will be preparing for finals. DD12 has a ton of "graduation" things for her end of elementary school years, such as a class pool party, dance, etc.

May 24 is the last day of school for my kids. They are excited because a week later we head to France. They are watched by their grandparents during the summer, so they spend mornings at the park before it heats up too much. Occasionally they'll hit local museums or the zoo.

While the kids have a countdown clock for summer vacation, the grandparents have a countdown clock for the first day of school, lol. It's already posted on my kitchen message board. :rotfl2:

June 7 is the last day for us - later than usual, but we missed 8 days - 6 of which had to be made up added to the end of the year. I am a teacher and our kids are done!! We still have state testing starting May 20, so we have to keep them reigned in until then.

My college student finished his last final on Monday, drove home for the week and just left again this morning because he is taking a spring class (and has to work), so he isn't coming "home" for the summer this year, if ever again. But at least I got almost a whole week with him!

DD14 finishes her first year of high school on May 23

DS13 was supposed to finish on May 31, but had three snow days, so now it's June 5th.

Nephew12 will also finish up with DS13, but his mom has a court date on June 3 to petition that he move out of state with her to where she lives now, so we will see how that goes. She will probably take him back with her after court is over (if it goes well for her) and he will miss the last two days of school. We shall see.

Lucky DS13 - he won't start back until after Labor Day next year because of a huge construction/renovation project at his school, so he gets an extra-long break this summer! 3 whole weeks longer than DD!

The official last day of school is June 25th but that includes Regents exams so my ds's last day of classes will probably be June 14.
We make up our snow days by taking away Spring Break days but luckily we are getting some back this year so ds will have a 7 day Memorial Day weekend instead of a 4 day one.

Youngest DD is currently living it up after completing finals this week and preparing for this weekend's move home for the summer.

That is kind of strange. I bet the kids are just "done" after the Memorial Day break!

DS is counting days as well. He has 15 actual class days, hopefully only one final (seniors can be exempt from some) and then graduation rehearsals/senior week things.

I'm looking forward to being off for the summer too!

It depends what you're used to . School here has always been from after Labor Day until the end of June. I think of summer as July and August. So for me I think it's strange that some kids start school in August. LOL

Technically our last day is June 26th. My kids are all in HS and MS and will probably be done a week or two before that.

Last edited:
I'm retired now but even as a sub I always loved the countdown to summer. Only difference for me was I didn't get a paycheck all summer but usually I saved up in the spring and it would last me thru most of the summer and if not I just went to DH's paychecks!! :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter