Couldn't get Boo Bash DVC member discount

hockeygoofy

Earning My Ears
I am a blue card member but since the date I want to go to the Boo Bash party is during a trip I booked with resale points, member services said I could not get the member discount. What's next, you will not be able to get other discounts, like shopping and dining, during stays using resale points even if you have the blue card? I get the blue vs white card benefits difference and why they do it but I feel discounts on tickets should not be tied to what type of points you used, it should be a benefit for all blue card members.

I am a blue card member but since the date I want to go to the Boo Bash party is during a trip I booked with resale points, member services said I could not get the member discount. What's next, you will not be able to get other discounts, like shopping and dining, during stays using resale points even if you have the blue card? I get the blue vs white card benefits difference and why they do it but I feel discounts on tickets should not be tied to what type of points you used, it should be a benefit for all blue card members.

What were your desired event dates? IIRC no discounts period for the October Boo Bash dates

I called back and talked to someone else and had no problem getting the tickets with the discount. It is so frustrating that there is often no consistency across the reps with things like this. And to make it worse you have to wait 45+ minutes to even talk to someone.

I think the rule about resale points was for booking Moonlight Magic, so the CM just thought it would apply in this case too.

I think the rule about resale points was for booking Moonlight Magic, so the CM just thought it would apply in this case too.
Why would resale points keep you from booking moonlight magic if you have a blue card. I only had cash rooms at pop century and was allowed to book moonlight magic with my blue card member number. At least they were inconsistent even before COVID 🤪.

That was unfortunately not true either as I got Moonlight Magic tickets on my resale points.

But, it’d just be nice if they could figure out a way to make it easier for both MS and owners to verify it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter