• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Could we get finished in an hour?

Yes - just order drinks and entrees. We ate there in September. You can certainly make it a longer meal by lingering and ordering multiple courses but it doesn't have to be that drawn out. Remember as you are factoring in time that you may not get sat exact moment for your ADR. That is an estimated seating time. Sometimes you wind up waiting.

You may have a wait to be seated, but, if you know what you want to order all ahead of time by looking at the menu online, you can let the server know you are ready to order everything when they first get to the table. Your server will probably actually appreciate it, too.

If time is an issue tell your server. If you are not getting dessert ask the server to bring your check w your meal and pay then. Or bring cash for your meal. Can save a lot of time at the end.

I've eaten there in under an hour and then nearly two hours (sat 45 minutes after ADR time). Same really goes for all table service restaurants. The advice above can all help.

Aside from our meal at California Grill, where we lingered over a glorious sunset, we have NEVER had a meal at Disney last longer than an hour. We don't eat quickly. We aren't rushers. But there are only 2 of us.

Why would you want to? Seriously, it is a really good restaurant with good food and great servers. If you have a good server, expect 2 hours.
Maybe they're like me, and completely forgot what time the fireworks are and so jumped at a 7:15 reservation but then realized the fireworks are at 8 and now are struggling with the decision: fireworks or Skipper Canteen??

I have found in recent months the longest part of Disney table service has been waiting on the check, and then waiting on the cards to get charged (It has been seriously brutal lately)
So ask for the check early if you aren’t getting dessert.

Maybe they're like me, and completely forgot what time the fireworks are and so jumped at a 7:15 reservation but then realized the fireworks are at 8 and now are struggling with the decision: fireworks or Skipper Canteen??
You got it! Have to make ADRs sometimes before calendar posted, and we have a big group so there is nothing else available anywhere!!

You got it! Have to make ADRs sometimes before calendar posted, and we have a big group so there is nothing else available anywhere!!
Yeeeeep. I still don't know which to do, hah. Food for us, or fireworks for DD? It's her first trip (she's 2.5).

In our experience if we are worried about time something slows things down and we end up not enjoying our meal because we are too worried about time.

Yeeeeep. I still don't know which to do, hah. Food for us, or fireworks for DD? It's her first trip (she's 2.5).
Well, I have to point out that she won't know what she's missing, if she doesn't see fireworks, but she'd probably know she missed eating....

And some kids her age are scared by the loud noises - is it likely she might be?

Any other day you'll be at Mk to see the fireworks?
If you have a large group (however you define larger) there is next to no chance you would be done before fireworks.
I would keep looking, even use touring plans reservation finder, something later or earlier may open up.

Well, I have to point out that she won't know what she's missing, if she doesn't see fireworks, but she'd probably know she missed eating....

And some kids her age are scared by the loud noises - is it likely she might be?

From far enough away, I don't think she will be. We're planning on bringing her earmuffs/hearing protection anyway though, just in case. And we will still eat, it just wouldn't be at Skipper Canteen.

Since it's a large group, have a chat with your server regarding payment ASAP. Especially if you are planning on splitting the bill. Get it all squared away up front and ask them to bring the check(s) with the meal. And then don't order anything else.

Maybe have the group look over the menu ahead of time so there isn't a lot of dithering about what to order.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter