Could I have some opinions on Port Orleans French Quarter

racheyk

Earning My Ears
My family and I almost always stay at The Boardwalk. For the trip I am planning, we are going to have to pay hefty airfare prices because it is a vacation week here in Boston- to off set the cost I was thinking of staying at POFQ. We would save over $1100 which would help off set the airfare. Last summer we stayed at the Treehouse Villas at SSR; however, we found them too remote and we would not return. Will we feel remote at PO? What is the travel times to the parks? General opinion of the resort?
I would love some feedback.

I have stayed there and at Riverside, I like French Quarter better out of the 2 of those, has a nice small hotel feel. However, the buses do have to make rounds at both hotels. So your pick up time, if at French Quarter you can get bus pretty quick, but then are on for awhile with pick up at other hotel. For drop off you get dropped off first. Does have boat to take you to downtown Disney. (loved that) .

It is not a remote location, but a smaller resort. I really liked feeling like I was in New Orleans. You do share a bus with Riverside, but most resorts share busses with others. If they don't, it means they are big enough on their own to warrant a separate bus.

We love POFQ. It is small and compact, compared to most resorts.

At times you may share a bus with POR. In our last 2 trips, we only shared a bus with POR one time each trip.

Like someone else posted, there is a great thread on POFQ.

POFQ is one of our favorites, we truly love it! If you are going at a somewhat busy time, the bus will only share with POR 1/4 of the time. Even when it does, the run is not bad at all. No worse then the horrid BW bus route to S/D and BC/YC

LOVED LOVED LOVED the POFQ. Small, easy walk to everything. Boat to DTD. Slide was small, but DD is small and it worked for her. Would stay there again in a heartbeat. :)

Our family likes the PO resorts, I prefer POR and DW likes POFQ better:) Bus travel times are generally between 15-20 minutes, this does not include wait times. POFQ does not always share with POR, of the 8 trips to the PO resorts it would probably be less then 50% the times we had to share. But, there has been a trip that shared almost the whole time and another where we never shared. I really wish I could figure out the Disney bus system, hopefully when they put in the computers at the depots it will help. If you have time, try and catch a bit of Yeehaw Bob at POR, he puts on a funny family show singing and playing the piano. Have a great time.

Of the 2, POR and POFQ, we prefer POFQ hands down... Just on compactness....

We also like that the buses stopped here first and then POR... Always got a seat!!

When people ask me where I recommend they stay at WDW, POFQ is my most frequent answer! This is also the resort we have stayed the most, since they year they opened on property.
We love the fact that this is the smallest Moderate resort....maybe the smallest of all resorts. It is so easy to get around the place.
We love the New Orleans theming, music, fun pool area and slide. We love the boat that runs in the river behind both Port Orleans properties, that will take you for a fun ride, or to the shopping marketplace and back.
So much to love about POFQ, not to mention the price.

We absolutely loved POFQ. The atmosphere is great. The grounds are beautiful. The small size made it so easy to navigate. The boat to downtown is a great bonus. The bus service was pretty good. The shared amenities with Riverside is a bonus. Getting to use Riverside and not have to be that spread out all the time is great. it was the perfect blend of Hometown and Disney for us.

We usually stay deluxe but if we do a short last minute trip(and I mean that like planning a month in advance) we stay only at POFQ Its just a really nice resort that's easy to get around

Stayed at POFQ for the first time earlier this month and loved it! We were there for a week and I can only think of 2 times that the bus went to POR before heading to one of the parks. The resort is small in size and quiet.

The French Quarter is very nice. It's not as sprawling as the Riverside area of Port Orleans and you won't have to walk as far to get to the main building, pool, boat launch, etc.

The restaurant is cafeteria-style and has a Mardi Gras theme. There is a nice lounge nearby that I think has live music most nights (I don't know if cult favorite Yeehaw Bob plays here or Riverside). The pool has an awesome dragon statue weaving through it that turns into a slide as it reaches the pool. The boat takes you on a lovely scenic trip to Downtown Disney; you'll see lots of wildlife and the (in)famous Disney Institute/DVC treehouses along the way.

The only downside really is that Port Orleans isn't really especially convenient to any Disney area aside from Downtown Disney. You will have to take buses to Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, and so forth. That said, this resort impressed my entire family and remains one of our favorites.

We love POFQ. Like the grounds, the fact it isn't as spread out as other Mods. Plus you can use POR's pools too:thumbsup2.We usually walked up to POR to almost every day to go their lounge to see Yeehaw Bob or use the pool for a change .
We like the boat to DTD, since we eat there for dinner if we have no ADRs.
As far as buses go the last several trips we seemed to only share with POR after the morning rush.

If you have only stayed at Epcot resorts you are going to feel more isolated. Epcot resorts have the IG and HS within walking distance. And of course you are in the middle of the Boardwalk. There is nothing within walking distance of POFQ (besides POR). The rooms are considerably smaller as well. POFQ is a fine resort but not much of a substitute for Epcot resorts IMO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter