Costumed Cast Members

RobandLisa

Earning My Ears
Is it true that the CM who are dressed as characters are not allowed to tell ANYONE (family, friends, etc.) what they do at Disney World?

one of my friends cousin was Cinderella in a MK parade and she told everyone that is was her cousin

Originally posted by RobandLisa
Is it true that the CM who are dressed as characters are not allowed to tell ANYONE (family, friends, etc.) what they do at Disney World?

Not true.

No, I have a friend that sometimes plays Goofy and he is proud that he won the role. He tells everyone!:smooth:

They often say that they are "good friends" with the characters that they portray. But I believe that they tell their family and friends what they do - I know some people who have!

Originally posted by RobandLisa
What do you mean "CMs who are dressed as characters?" That's like saying that guy at Christmastime is just a man "dressed as Santa Claus!"

:p

I know the characters change outifts (Mickey doesn't wear his captain's uniform off ship) but there are people in there? LOL

Deb

Originally posted by FantasticDisFamily
I know the characters change outifts (Mickey doesn't wear his captain's uniform off ship) but there are people in there? LOL

Deb
People in there? What a horrible thought! Cannibalistic characters? I think NOT!

:p

Disney doesn't forbid anyone from saying what they do. But if children are around they do incourage CMs to say that they are "friends" of whoever they play.

Nope, it's not true. I know this because DD is VERY good friends with Alice;)

One Thursday night at Pleasure Island we met a lot of "special friends" - they would say lightheartally "I'm Alice's special friend" or "I'm Belle's special friend" or even "I used to be Baloo's special friend a lot, but lately I'm more often Captain Hook's special freind but on some days I'm the Queen of Heart's special friend" and so on. We have some pictures with probably a half dozen or so special friends - we thought it was pretty funny -

DR

Its funny when you finally get to know a "special friend" of the characters....you get a whole different perspective on entertainment at WDW haha

I walk around in front of the castle at MK and I say to myself "hey, I might know that Pluto!" haha (and I ALWAYS forget to call my friend to see if he really is working haha)

Well when I tried out for fur, they did forbid it. I think they understand you will tell your friends and family, but past that was strictly off-limits.

Originally posted by DocRafiki
Well when I tried out for fur, they did forbid it. I think they understand you will tell your friends and family, but past that was strictly off-limits.
If you tell your family and friends...but not anyone else...then whose left to tell??:confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter