Costco vs DCL vs TA

jlschwalb

Earning My Ears
Hi. I'm sure this has come up before, but....
When I'm looking at a specific stateroom on the DCL website and Costco website at the exact same time, I'm finding that the Costco site is listing it for $300 more than DCL. Has anyone come across this before? Why is it marked up? My dad is trying to sell me on the cash back as opposed to OBC with TA but I don't like the price increase on COstco. His stateroom category is the same price on each website. So frustrating.

I'm not sure if it is a glitch or intentional, but I can vouch that the prices shown when not logged in are incorrect. I had the same concerns when I first took a look at Costco, but when I logged in and priced identical rooms the prices came out the same as DCL's website to the penny.

It makes no sense for it to be intentional because that's not the price you'll be charged. And not everyone experiences seeing the higher prices; I have never once seen a higher price on Costco. Total glitch. Long standing one, long discussed here, but still. :)

Anyone know why the new Bermuda itineraries are not showing up on the Costco site? I am logged in and have been trying to price them on the site but it keeps saying to change my search...no results found.

I am putting in Bermuda as the destination, days of cruise 3-6, Disney Cruise Line, October 2018.

I don't get it.

MJ

Yep, the price difference is a known bug around here. Costco doesn't mark up the cruise cost. I booked on the phone with them on opening day and it was the same price as directly through DCL. Try going all the way through, logged in, and verify it before actually entering payment, and it should be the same cost.

Anyone know why the new Bermuda itineraries are not showing up on the Costco site? I am logged in and have been trying to price them on the site but it keeps saying to change my search...no results found.

I am putting in Bermuda as the destination, days of cruise 3-6, Disney Cruise Line, October 2018.

I don't get it.

MJ

I've been told by Costco that sometimes it takes a while for their website to be updated. I had this issue when I was trying to book a Disneyland trip though them. It's annoying, and not very intuitive. If you call them, however, they should be able to help.

It's an odd thing. If you price a cruise on the Fantasy and want a room on deck 9, Costco generally shows no availability, even on day 1. But you can phone Costco and get that deck. For some reason you can't book it on line.

I would try phoning the Costco number and see if an agent can book it for you.

Here is the way I do it. If its opening day I call DCL and get the reservation set up and put on hold. If its not opening day I get on the DCL website and set up my reservation and put it on hold.

I email DCL the reservation transfer form naming Costco as the TA.

I pay the deposit with Costco ... and the payments until PIF

Here is the way I do it. If its opening day I call DCL and get the reservation set up and put on hold. If its not opening day I get on the DCL website and set up my reservation and put it on hold.

I email DCL the reservation transfer form naming Costco as the TA.

I pay the deposit with Costco ... and the payments until PIF

I don't suppose that works with a placeholder, does it?

Oh my, I'm so glad I saw this thread. I experienced the same thing when we decided to book something last minute back in Feb, and didn't have a place holder. I went to Costco and it was more! So I "abandoned ship" (hahaha) and booked directly... and missed out on the Costco cash card.... didn't even think to sign in first. Weird. Thanks!

Slightly OT, but I am hearing a lot of complaints lately about Costco Travel. Not the original booking, but specifically with getting them to help if an airline has schedule changes after you book. My wife has two very angry co-workers who had to work this out with the airlines directly, Costco refused to help. First case was a flight was dropped by the airline, and guy had to find a return flight on his own, ultimately with another airline. Second involved a flight departure time being moved forward to a time too early for them to catch.

Slightly OT, but I am hearing a lot of complaints lately about Costco Travel. Not the original booking, but specifically with getting them to help if an airline has schedule changes after you book. My wife has two very angry co-workers who had to work this out with the airlines directly, Costco refused to help. First case was a flight was dropped by the airline, and guy had to find a return flight on his own, ultimately with another airline. Second involved a flight departure time being moved forward to a time too early for them to catch.
I didn't know you could book airline travel with Costco.

That's fairly standard with most third party sights you'd book airfare through. It's something that you never know until you have a problem.

i just paid my 2018 deposit and am now going to call costco to transfer to them... they didnt have rooms in cat 5e open on their website, but on dcl there are lots open for my sailing. so i paid my deposit on dcl site. hope i still get the 235 cash card still.

That's fairly standard with most third party sights you'd book airfare through. It's something that you never know until you have a problem.
On my trips I booked through a travel agent, my travel agent always alerted me to an issue, and handled rebooking. But that wasn't a Costco Travel Agent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter