Costco code tip:

Beemitchcowski

Mouseketeer
When using a Costco Code..make sure you go onto the actual companies website and put in the codes..I went onto Costcos website..used one of their codes and got quoted $370.22 for a FULL SIZE CAR....on Alamos site...it was $133.50!:cool1:

Which codes and what are your dates? I just tried this yesterday for end of May, and only one code a difference of around $10 less. Nothing of that size. I do agree that the Costco sight isn't always giving you the best rate!

Which codes and what are your dates? I just tried this yesterday for end of May, and only one code a difference of around $10 less. Nothing of that size. I do agree that the Costco sight isn't always giving you the best rate!

We are in the beginning of May
id 7015309
coupon ad8221sdf

When using a Costco Code..make sure you go onto the actual companies website and put in the codes..I went onto Costcos website..used one of their codes and got quoted $370.22 for a FULL SIZE CAR....on Alamos site...it was $133.50!:cool1:

I have never seen such a difference actually. Just checking May 5 - 12 for example for a full size using costco ID 7014627 and Coupon AD8221SDF for $30 off I get the identical same rate on Costco's site as I do directly on Alamo's site of $277 inc taxes for a fullsize.

Thanks for the info! For the end of May, this code results in the same price - it is 25% and an additional $30 off. However, if I use codes for a 5day+ rental and get 25% off a free day, it is $6 less on the Alamo site - so I agree the Costco sight may not always give you the lowest amount. I recall reading somewhere that it is supposed to do all of that for you and not having to check all of the codes anymore.

I will continue to check both sites as I get closer to my dates. I'm happy to hear that with you being almost a month sooner, you're finding better rates!!!!

Thanks for this tip. My rate is $60 cheaper on the Alamo site.

Can anyone tell me how to print the coupon from the Costco site? I see where you click on "Price This Coupon", but what do you show at the Alamo counter? Where is the actual coupon? Thanks!

Can anyone tell me how to print the coupon from the Costco site? I see where you click on "Price This Coupon", but what do you show at the Alamo counter? Where is the actual coupon? Thanks!
I don't think there's an actual coupon....you just *might* have to show your Costco member card. I've used the Costco discounts for my past several trips and I've never had a printed coupon. The details of the discount and coupon should be easy to see in the confirmation email.

Here's how it showed up for my most recent rental (see coupon and discount in bold):
Base Rate - Fullsize (USD)
(1) Week Rate ($163.36/week) $163.36
(1) Day Rate ($23.34/day) $23.34
(2) Hour Rate ($7.78/hour) $15.56

Contract I.D. 7015309
Guaranteed Base Rate Included
(1) Additional Driver Included
Unlimited Miles Included

Subtotal.............................................$202.26

Discounts
Discount ($30.34)
Costco May 2010 Campaign ($30.00)

Subtotal............................................($60.34)

Additional Items
Daily Freq Traveler Surcharge $2.50

Subtotal...............................................$2.50

Taxes, Surcharges and Fees
Customer Facility Charge 2.50/day $12.50
Airport Access Fee 10 % $15.06
Tire/battery Fee .02/day $0.18
Florida Surcharge 2.00/day $18.00
Vehicle License Fee .69/day $6.21
Sales Tax (6.50%) $12.60

Subtotal..............................................$64.55

Estimated Total......................................$208.97

I don't think there's an actual coupon....you just *might* have to show your Costco member card. I've used the Costco discounts for my past several trips and I've never had a printed coupon. The details of the discount and coupon should be easy to see in the confirmation email.

Here's how it showed up for my most recent rental (see coupon and discount in bold):

Okay - thanks. In the past, I have been asked for the Costco coupon at the Alamo counter. However, I have not rented a car since Costco changed their website and required the membership number in order to rent a car. I, am prepared, of course, to show my membership card, if asked, and will bring a copy of the confirmation e-mail.

I have not rented a car since Costco changed their website and required the membership number in order to rent a car.
You can still plug in the Costco discounts and coupons on Alamo's site directly. I prefer this way for the sake of being more confidant that any changes or cancellations I make are conformed by Alamo itself, not Costco.

You can still plug in the Costco discounts and coupons on Alamo's site directly. I prefer this way for the sake of being more confidant that any changes or cancellations I make are conformed by Alamo itself, not Costco.

Yes, the price is $60 less on the Alamo site compared to the Costco site.

Thanks to the OP for the tip. :goodvibes

I'm bumping this up to the top because I want to make sure people are aware of this. There can be a huge difference between the price you are quoted on the Costco website compared to putting the Costco ID # and a coupon code in on the Alamo site. I just did a comparison for my dates in April and the Costco site rate for a compact is $344 compared to $147 on the Alamo site. I really can't understand why there would be such a difference, but there is.

I'm still concerned that Alamo is going to ask for a coupon (the site advises that you should be prepared to show the coupon) and I can't figure out how to print the actual coupon from the Costco site. I may call Costco and ask.

I'm bumping this up to the top because I want to make sure people are aware of this. There can be a huge difference between the price you are quoted on the Costco website compared to putting the Costco ID # and a coupon code in on the Alamo site. I just did a comparison for my dates in April and the Costco site rate for a compact is $344 compared to $147 on the Alamo site. I really can't understand why there would be such a difference, but there is.

I'm still concerned that Alamo is going to ask for a coupon (the site advises that you should be prepared to show the coupon) and I can't figure out how to print the actual coupon from the Costco site. I may call Costco and ask.

May I ask where you found the Costco ID# to put in on the Alamo website? Our Membership ID# (from our card) doesn't work. I've tried asking at Costco and Costco Travel, but have had no luck (no one knows what I'm talking about). I was only told that the Costco ID # would be automatically applied when booking through the Costco Travel website.

I found the ID# and the coupon code inside a pamphlet that I got from inside of Costco. I haven't actually booked the car yet...Did you try booking it through the Alamo site? I know when we rented our last car from Alamo..we didn't have to show a coupon because everything was done through the self check in Kiosk. I wouldn't feel comfortable using a Costco code though if I wasn't a member though...but maybe thats just me.

The ID/Corporate Code is the Costco Code given in the beginning of the thread..and the Coupon code is where you put in the coupon code..then If question...I imagine that just showing your Costco Memberhip Card will work..I dont' think there is a physical coupon other than the pamphlet that can be picked up at Costco..hope that helps.

May I ask where you found the Costco ID# to put in on the Alamo website? Our Membership ID# (from our card) doesn't work. I've tried asking at Costco and Costco Travel, but have had no luck (no one knows what I'm talking about). I was only told that the Costco ID # would be automatically applied when booking through the Costco Travel website.

Go to the costco website and do a search for travel then select rental cars. The codes and coupons show up there.

If you go to the Costco website and click on "Travel" and then "Cars", there is a list of possible discounts. The Contract ID # and the Coupon Codes are listed there. As suggested by the OP, I used the numbers from the Costco site on the Alamo site. I am a member of Costco and can show them my card at the Alamo counter. For some reason, the price is less on the Alamo site. Not sure why.

Today I noticed Alamo's full sized cars when up slightly..but their minivans went down! :) Keep lowering them Alamo!:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter