Costco Citi Visa 3% reward at Disney restaurants?

Kazi7

Mouseketeer
Can anyone confirm that they got the 3% reward from their Costco Citi Visa at Disney restaurants? I don't see any reason why I wouldn't, but I don't want to be surprised after using that card and finding out those restaurants didn't qualify for some reason. I know I can also buy Disney gift cards for 5% off with my Target card but I'm just weighing my options. Thank you.

It depends if each restaurant is coded as a restaurant in their merchant CC account. Many of the restaurants on Disney property are not run by Disney.

:earsboy: Bill

We've always received 3% at Disney Restaurants with the Costco Credit Card (including when it was from AMEX). Our F&W Kiosk purchases also got 3%.

Thanks for the quick replies. Erionm: Do you pay for all food at the point of purchase with the card or charge to your account as you go along? We would typically do the latter, so the total would be submitted in a lump sum for payment at the end of the trip...I wonder if this could affect the classification for rewards purposes? There could be some souvenirs and other non-food items thrown in there, so unless Citibank looked at every purchase individually, the rewards might get screwed up. Maybe I'm talking myself into buying the Target GC's so I don't have to worry!

Thanks for the quick replies. Erionm: Do you pay for all food at the point of purchase with the card or charge to your account as you go along? We would typically do the latter, so the total would be submitted in a lump sum for payment at the end of the trip...I wonder if this could affect the classification for rewards purposes? There could be some souvenirs and other non-food items thrown in there, so unless Citibank looked at every purchase individually, the rewards might get screwed up. Maybe I'm talking myself into buying the Target GC's so I don't have to worry!
We pay with the CC at the point of purchase. Room charges should fall under travel since the charge to the CC is processed by the resort (still 3%).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter