Costco Cash Card replaced with Costco Shop Card.

I just got my Executive reward yesterday. The top says "voucher", not check (or cheque). It also says it has no cash value except when used in the main Costco store and can't be replaced if lost.

I just got my Executive reward yesterday. The top says "voucher", not check (or cheque). It also says it has no cash value except when used in the main Costco store and can't be replaced if lost.

Yep, that is exactly what mine said too. It's fine...I have no problem using it in store. Mine isn't typically a huge amount (about covers one bi weekly Costco trip).

Yep, I've been an executive member for several years and they've all been vouchers that I can use in store, I usually use them to renew my membership. I also thought the card you get for booking a vacation was only for use in store as well, the first time I ever booked a vacation with them I didn't know what it was so I looked it up, and it said it was a card that you could use for in-store, online, or Costco gas purchases, it never said anything about being able to cash it in. I generally buy what I normally buy there, which is a lot of meat and pantry items, and put the money I would have spent on that in to savings for my trips to come. I received a $900 card with my cruise booking for next christmas and that's $900 fewer dollars in groceries I have to spend so I'll put that away.

I never realized that Costco was so popular for vacations

Costco Travel is a huge agency and I'm sure growing every day. The undeniable truth is that due to their massive size they offer great deals on travel, often in the form of perks, ie the shop card. I mean, if I booked my cruise with DCL, it would have cost exactly the same as if I booked through Costco Travel, but Costco gave me back $950 in gift cards plus 2% back on my executive rewards. For me it was a no brainer, given the high cost of DCL cruising. And again, this comes from the perspective of my family; we live 10 min away from Costco and we shop there all the time.

I always have the cashier cash the voucher out when checking out. This way I earn points paying for the items via my CC and I get cash in my pocket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter