Costa Rica in July - Will I melt?

marcemch

Mouseketeer
Considering Costa Rica in July, but somehow going SOUTH in the middle of the summer is counter-intuitive to my "Escape the heat" vacation attitude. For those of you who have done Costa Rica in the summer, can you confirm or deny my fears?

The average temps in Costa Rica are pretty much the same year round. Averages in the mid to upper 70's, I believe. We went on the ABD in July. The first day in San Jose and the mornings at Arenal were actually a bit cool. The only part of the trip that was a little too warm was when we went on the hike at Manuel Antonio. It was sunny and very humid, but there was a beach at the end, so we got to cool off. I found the temperatures on the rest of the trip to be very comfortable. Might depend on what you're used to though. I live in Nashville so I'm used to hot and humid in the summer. It was definitely cooler in Costa Rica and the humidity was not significantly different than July in Tennessee.

Hi, I also went to Costa Rica last July. I am from New England, therefore I do not survive well in the heat! As stated in the last post, it was hot and humid in Manuel Antonio but gorgeous weather the remainder of the trip . Temps ranged from 75 to 82 degreees.

I am from Phil and summer here is definitely very hot. My family is moving to the US latter part of this year and as early as now we are scheduling our visit to Texas, hawaii and costa rica, mexico if budget and time allows. What month is the most ideal day to visit CR?

We've gone to Belize many times in the last 7 years. Being from Houston, it was close weather wise. It can get steamy, especially in the jungle after a rain shower. It is cool at night. Just keep drinking water...being there will be worth the heat!
Michele

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter