Costa Maya Beach ???

rkss

Earning My Ears
Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows if any of the beaches in Costa Maya have the water trampolines or floating iceburgs like the beaches in Cozumel? Or does anyone have any great ideas for excursions... I have a dd4 ( almost 5) and a ds12 almost13. Any info would be great.

Thanks,
Kathy

Magic Double Dip Cruise
May 27

Costa Maya does not have a beach, the shore is very rocky and very beautiful. The little port town has a huge salt water pool instead. My boys and hubby went swimming in the pool (free) while I did some power shopping before our excursion. The pool does have access to a "swim up" bar.

I see you also want info on what to do. We went to Chachoben (I am sure I spelled that wrong). It might be a bit much for a 4-5 year old, but my 7 and 12 year old sons really enjoyed it. The 12 year old had just learned about the Maya culture in school and it was good for him to tie the books to the real thing.

We went in March, it was VERY hot. We drank lots of water. The bus ride was about an hour and we were in airconditioned coach liners. Our guide was very good, we learned a lot.

rkss said:
Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows if any of the beaches in Costa Maya have the water trampolines or floating iceburgs like the beaches in Cozumel? Or does anyone have any great ideas for excursions... I have a dd4 ( almost 5) and a ds12 almost13. Any info would be great.

Thanks,
Kathy

Magic Double Dip Cruise
May 27
We're doing a Ruins tour with David and Ivan in Costa Maya, they gave me this information about the beaches there. I hope this helps. I'm also on the May 27th cruise and I live in Andover, near Wichita...where are you? I hope you come over the cruise meets board, we could add you to our list of cruisers...

My recommendation for you would be to get back to the village (Majahual)
where you'll find very nice beaches. Along the beach you'll find many
local restaurants that offer local tasty dishes and a few pleaces where
you can rent jet skis, kayaks or even arrange a snorkeling tour. All of
this can be arranged once you're at the place.

As someone mentioned, the beaches near the port are rocky. But there are definitely beaches. Maj. Beach is a few min. taxi ride.

Here is a great site. Scroll way down, and I mean way down to where it list Maj. beach pictures. NOT the boxes on the sides.

http://costamayacruiseexcursions.com/SiteMap.htm

We're doing the double dip after you, so we're waiting patiently for all the schedules!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter