Cost to Rent a Wheelchair in the Park

lpizzuro123

DIS Veteran
We are heading down the end of the month. It will be me and my DH. We are bringing my dad this year. It has been many years since he has gone. He is in his late 80's and gets around quite well but as Disney is so large and so much walking we are planning of renting a wheelchair.

We are staying at a Vistana timeshare and I know that property is quite large also.

I was originally thinking of renting at the parks only but then thought about when we are not in the parks. We will be down for 8 days but only planning on taking my dad into the parks either 3 or 4 days.

I was wondering the price of renting a Wheelchair in the park. Also thinking about renting from Buena Vista Rentals. I was just on Walmart website and we can purchase a wheelchair for about $120.00. We are driving down to VA and taking the Autotrain so we will have our car with us. I was thinking it might just save some money and purchasing a wheelchair. So we will have it whenever we want.

Thank you all.

Linda

The chairs I think are $12 a day and 20 for two days. If you go from park to park you just show your receipt and you don't have to pay again at another park.

If you are going to take Dad to Disney Springs, you may want to rent from an external vendor - Disney Springs is now nearly *twice* the size as the old Downtown Disney, and it's quite a hike from one end to the other! There are still water taxis, but you may want to take that into consideration.

Also, if your Resort is one of the bigger ones, you may want to have the chair with you, just in case it's a long hike to Food Service, etc.

Thanks, the more I think about it, the more I think it would be better if we had our own chair.

Not sure if your Dad is a veteran, but if he is, you may want to check with your local VFW or American Legion. They have some available for "loan" for indefinite periods of time. Ours had about 40 of them. When my father started failing, we borrowed one from them and then returned it after he passed away (we had it about 9 months). He did not use it full time, but sometimes after treatments, he would be in a weakened state and we would need it for appointments etc. One of the local hospital supply companies does the maintenance and repairs on them for free, so they are in pretty good shape.

Just a thought. Hope you have a great trip!!

Thanks, the more I think about it, the more I think it would be better if we had our own chair.

We looked on Craigslist and were able to find a hardly used one with feet rests in good shape for $40 for DMIL. It was a larger one which is more comfortable for her too. She was very happy to have her own, and she has used it more often than she thought she would.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter