cost of renting points

paulc

Earning My Ears
I am looking to try and price up a holiday to Walt Disney World for the following dates
Arrive: Sunday 04 May 2003
Depart: Wednesday 14 May 2003
One option I would like to look at is the possibility of renting points from a DVC member to stay at a one bedroomed apartment in the Wilderness Lodge. Is there anyone out there that can help me by giving me some idea as to the likely number of points I would require and what the corresponding cost of renting these would be?
Heres hoping someone can help
Regards
PaulC

My maths agree with jj's for this one ;), but I thought it might be worth mentioning that the points required vary according to resort, size of accommodation, time of year and days of the week. 308 is very specific to the details you have given - if you change any part of them the points required would probably change as well.

(Apologies if you were already aware of this)

Your major problem, IMHO, is that VWL is one of the newer and also smaller resorts and as such less likely that it's members are going to want to rent out their points. If you want to book up with an 11 month window, you might find this difficult. ( If you're not aware members have a 11 month booking window for their "home resort" and 7 months at the other DVC resorts). I think it much more likely you would be able to get BWV or OKW if you wanted to book your accommodation next month (i.e. 11 months ahead), May isn't "peak time" so I think it probable you'd be able to seven months out BUT as I said VWL is one of the smallest DVC resorts in number of units, so I would suggest you have a "plan B"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter