Coronado Springs- Yes or No?

ZephyrJG

Earning My Ears
Hello!

We have never stayed at Coronado before, nor do we personally know anyone who has.

On a Reddit WDW thread I saw, the general consensus was that Coronado Springs was "Nice, but just a normal hotel".

Is this true?

We are looking at maybe staying there in 2018 (we have stayed in all the other moderates before).

Would we be better off staying at one of the other moderates again because they are more fun or more "Disney"?

Thanks!

CSR and CBR are both undergoing renovations until 2019 (I think?). So that's something to consider for a 2018 trip. CSR has a bit of a business feel since it's a convention resort.

My favorite moderate is Port Orleans Riverside. Have you stayed there before?

Yes, we have stayed in the Alligator Bayou Section, but we have never stayed in French Quarter.

Hello!

We have never stayed at Coronado before, nor do we personally know anyone who has.

On a Reddit WDW thread I saw, the general consensus was that Coronado Springs was "Nice, but just a normal hotel".

Is this true?

We are looking at maybe staying there in 2018 (we have stayed in all the other moderates before).

Would we be better off staying at one of the other moderates again because they are more fun or more "Disney"?

Thanks!

We stayed at CSR last time and thought it was great and comparable to the other moderates. It reminds me of CBR in its layout around the lagoon.

I've stayed at a few Disney resorts, CSR is my upcoming trip. I've heard nothing but good things about it, and honestly the fact that it is a business resort makes it just a touch nicer than the others. Means less kids (which to me is a positive right now) and more of an upscale vibe. Just thoughts. I wouldn't say no to it. Their pool is gorgeous, and I've heard (we'll be eating there a bunch) the food court Pepper Market is really a great option for dining.
Additionally, I've stayed at a few Value resorts, and they're nice but...if you want a little extra I think a moderate would be the way to go.

Hello!

Is this true?

Thanks!

We actually loved it here....And to be honest, the theming and feel you get here is far from what you would get at a normal hotel/motel.

We liked it here so much that if we didn't buy into DVC, then this or POR would've been our home resort for our trips..

LEaving the construction issue out of the conversation, I woudl say that CSR is a great option for a WDW resort. It does not scream Disney, but it is well themed. The bus transportaion is excellent. This is the only resort that I observed the manager play a hands on role in just about every area that has guest interaction. I was very impressed.

CSR is the only moderate I've tried so far, but I didn't love it. It was too spread out. I wasn't a fan of the dining options. We also didn't have the best customer service. We did enjoy the pool and had good bus service.

We love CSR. Have stayed there numerous times and again this August (can't wait) and we love the slightly more 'grown up feel'. The landscaping around the resort is delightful. The pools are great too. Also gym which is definitely a bonus to my husband. All down to personal taste I suppose.

We really loved CSR - we stayed in the Cabanas section (beach themed area of CSR) and it was wonderful. We had a 7 and 9 year old when we went in 2015 - the Cabanas area was close to the pool. We don't eat at the resort restaurants so the size of the hotel wasn't an issue. We had breakfast at the pool bar most mornings and LOVED being close to the pool. We did walk to the front once or twice and it wasn't too far from the Cabanas area. I took a walk around the entire hotel with my mom and it is a huge place - but it was quiet and we really appreciated that. I have also stayed at POR and love it, too. We want to go again and I am having a hard time choosing because I love both resorts so much!

CSR was actually my favorite resort stay. I know I'm in a minority but I actually like it better than the deluxes we have stayed at!

We used to call it a Deluxe Lite.....Almost all the amenities at a fraction of the cost....

Great dining options, EXCELLENT Bus service, Very nice theming & decor, & one of the best feature pools, (Including deluxes) with an awesome slide,food area,& Huge Hot Tub...

We've typically stayed at BC with a few other deluxe resorts thrown in. We stayed at CSR once and will gladly go back. We had good experiences with the bus service, the Pepper Market and liked the location of the room (we stayed in Casitas).

I was somewhat disappointed in CSR when I stayed there in November 2015. I thought some of the public areas seemed unkept, as in, litter like cups laying around as well as cigarette buts, unfriendly CMs, but I guess you could find these things at any resort. I will say the pools looked sparkling clean, and massage salon was nice and CMs in there were friendly, massage was fantastic. So there was bad with good mixed in. This is only opinion.

I have never stayed at a moderate and was excited to try CSR for a convention last year. I was very, very happy with CSR!

Fantastic bus system, very easy to hop aboard a bus that is close to your area with no bus resort sharing! Fantastic bus service.

Great pool, really enjoyed the main pool and the quiet pools.

It's a big resort, but I did not think it was that bad at all.

I would stay there again for sure.

I've stayed at CSR many times because we attend an annual convention held there in July - and we've been going for many years now. At first I wasn't all that into CSR but the place has really grown on me. I've stayed at most of the WDW resorts and I agree it's like a "lite" Deluxe. I find the theming quite beautiful - walking around the lake in the evening is so nice - the main pool is very well done. I like the food court area much better with the changes made in the past few years. I stayed there in October for a fun weekend trip and will be staying there in a couple of weeks for a spring break trip - and again this summer for the convention. While I like POR/POFQ - I find CSR to have a more laid back and relaxing feel to it - maybe because of the mix of convention goers who aren't on the busses to the park and such. I think it's definitely worth a try if you haven't been.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter