Coronado Springs Resort -- New Unofficial FAQ Thread -- November 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
We check in 2 weeks from tomorrow. Does anyone know if king rooms are only at certain locations? Or are they basically all over the park? I still can't decide which area to request for our very first "Mommy and Daddy only" trip.:hug: Since the kids aren't with us this time, proximity to the pool is not so important.

Also I'm a little worried. This is my first time arriving at Disney late at night. And since my husband may be arriving later than me, I could be alone. We've never stayed at a resort as big as CSR before. Will I have a hard time finding my way to the room at night if I am alone? :scared: This may affect which bldg I should request.

Oh you will have to post back how the no kids trip goes. I too am taking our first trip to Disney without a whole bushel of us going I don't know how I'm going to fair without 15 or more in tow..... Have a great time tell me all.:cloud9:

Oh you will have to post back how the no kids trip goes. I too am taking our first trip to Disney without a whole bushel of us going I don't know how I'm going to fair without 15 or more in tow..... Have a great time tell me all.:cloud9:

You are going to LOVE it. As much as we enjoyed our trips with the kids, kids and friends, etc., Mark and I so enjoy our trips alone. It's amazing how much you notice that you don't when the kids are with you; you can sit on a bench and watch everyone go by and see a smiling child's face (one that is not your own) the first time they see Mickey. It's a different type of trip to be sure, but I think you will enjoy.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions (and kind wishes!) The guilt I first felt when we booked this trip is starting to wane, and I'm really looking forward to it. For one thing...I'm looking forward to actually riding with my hubby! We always take one child each on each ride, except big ones like MS or TT where we can sit together. I'm also looking forward to trying out your hammock, KatMark! Any other trip it would have to be a bee-line for the big pool.

We actually had a late spring snow storm last night. (I Know!) It's been light jackets or even no jackets for the last 3 weeks and now I need boots...oy...so I'm really looking forward to that hammock!

We're headed out this morning for our 10 day stay at CSR for the first time. We wanted to book it on our first family trip in 2006 but it was full. This time I booked room only 300 days in advance just to be sure we could stay there! Can't wait! I'll report back in 11 days!

We're headed out this morning for our 10 day stay at CSR for the first time. We wanted to book it on our first family trip in 2006 but it was full. This time I booked room only 300 days in advance just to be sure we could stay there! Can't wait! I'll report back in 11 days!

Have a MAGICAL trip. Enjoy yourselves. :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

This thread has been a fantastic read! I was debating where to stay during our trip next year. We've been considering suites/villas/connecting rooms, etc. because I'll be traveling with my DH, DS and (hopefully) a new little one along with my parents, brother and possibly grandmother. I've been trying to convince DH to splurge and stay in Kidani Village but considering that we're at the tail end of building a house right now, he's not thrilled with the money aspect. But the more I look into CSR and read this thread I'm getting more and more excited. I've only ever stayed at AKL and the Poly whenever I've gone and have never really seen or heard much about CSR. But these photos look amazing and I'm 100% sure I've found the resort we'll be staying in!!! I think we'll do individual rooms to save money but it doesn't look like we'll be lacking quality or style and I know DS will LOVE the pool area! This may seem like a silly question :idea:, but does every resort have connecting rooms? Does CSR?

Thanks to everyone that's posted and KatMark of course! And I thought I couldn't be more excited to go...then I came to this thread! :cool1:

This thread has been a fantastic read! I was debating where to stay during our trip next year. We've been considering suites/villas/connecting rooms, etc. because I'll be traveling with my DH, DS and (hopefully) a new little one along with my parents, brother and possibly grandmother. I've been trying to convince DH to splurge and stay in Kidani Village but considering that we're at the tail end of building a house right now, he's not thrilled with the money aspect. But the more I look into CSR and read this thread I'm getting more and more excited. I've only ever stayed at AKL and the Poly whenever I've gone and have never really seen or heard much about CSR. But these photos look amazing and I'm 100% sure I've found the resort we'll be staying in!!! I think we'll do individual rooms to save money but it doesn't look like we'll be lacking quality or style and I know DS will LOVE the pool area! This may seem like a silly question :idea:, but does every resort have connecting rooms? Does CSR?

Thanks to everyone that's posted and KatMark of course! And I thought I couldn't be more excited to go...then I came to this thread! :cool1:

Welcome! First to answer your question, yes, the CSR has connecting and adjoining rooms (but you must remember, as is the case for all of the Disney resorts, they are only a request and not a guarantee).

We've stayed at the Poly a number of times, but we have never regretted our decision to stay at the CSR and we've now done it eight of our last nine stays (the Poly was a special trip for our son's high school graduation for us, him and his girlfriend, or we would have been at the CSR for that trip as well).

We have also decided to stay at CSR for our Sept. 2011 trip. (yes, I'm an early planner.) We've stayed at Pop in Dec. 08 and really enjoyed that. But DH wants to upgrade for this next trip, which I'm super surprised about.;) I think he is started to see the Disney magic. I've seen it since my 1st trip which was in the 80's!! Anyway, we are going over my bday :cool1:and I'm soooo excited to stay here and be at my favorite place with my favorite people!! Thanks so much for all the great info so far and looking for more to come!!:love:

Does CSR have preferred rooms? If so where are they located?

After seeing all the pics we have decided to stay at CSR instead of CR or BC!!! It looks so beautiful.

My only concern is the Rancho's section.........not a place I would choose to stay at, a little too rustic for me.

How crowded does the resort feel during July visits??

After seeing all the pics we have decided to stay at CSR instead of CR or BC!!! It looks so beautiful.

My only concern is the Rancho's section.........not a place I would choose to stay at, a little too rustic for me.

Welcome; we are glad to have you here.

Unfortunately, there are no preferred rooms at the CSR. The options are: standard, water view or king room -- and all of those categories are in all three sections of the resort. The best you can do is request a certain section and hopefully get it. I will say we've been very fortunate to get what we requested each time (well, except once...we asked for Castias 4 or 5, but we were put in Castias 3 -- but we were upgraded to a suite so no complaints from us). If you are totally unhappy with your room assignment, you can always ask to see if they havfe something else available.

I can't comment on the BC as we've not stayed there as of yet (we hope to do a split stay down the road), but we have stayed at the CR and DH and I truly prefer the CSR over the CR.

One week to go!! :banana:

I'm two weeks out. Flying out of DFW May 1st at 7:00am. Will spend four nights at AKL in a pool view room, then four more nights at CSR in a standard room. Hoping for a room on the Giraffe Trail at AKL and Cabanas 9B or 8A at CSR.:cool1:

After three CSR trips in a row, we booked Caribbean to try something new....now I am already wanting to switch back to CSR!
LOL

Dh and I agreed to switch back.

Now, my question is about how to best get a room close to main lobby and bus? We have a medical need based request for this, and I am happy to pay for waterview if it would help our cause, but I don't want it to hurt our cause by adding it (by limiting rooms).

All three trips we have asked for this request due to medical need and the trip that they placed us closest to the lobby was the one where we had waterview. I don't know if that is coincidence or not? Last trip they put us far from lobby, but we were very near a bus stop, so that helped us out dramatically! Worked out well.

any suggestions?

We went last summer in 2009 at the tail end of June and through the Fourth of July. We would see the crowds at the parks but at CSR we really did not. :thumbsup2 It was great that way.

When we had enough of the crowds we would head back to CSR either during the mid afternoon or in the evenings for a break. It was nice walking through the grounds to go to the room or the pool and not have to see lots of people. The main pool was a bit more crowded but not too bad. There were lots of empty lounge chairs around each time we swam. :banana:

The biggest crowds at CSR we experienced were at the bus stop early in the mornings.

We stayed in the Cabanas and loved them. We only saw one family using the quiet pool one evening while there. :cool2:

Like you, before staying at CSR, I thought the Ranchos looked to rustic for me, that along with all the discussion here about them being so far away from everything made me decided to put in for the Cabanas. I got my request for the Cabanas and would recommend them for anyone. That being said, while at CSR, I realized that the Ranchos are very appealing too. The section is the farthest from the lobby and restaurants but are not as far out that I pictured before being there myself. In fact, I think the Ranchos were closer to the main pool than our room. There is also a bus stop that is right there at the Ranchos too. So, if I stay at CSR again, I just might give the Ranchos section a try myself! :) I think I preferred their look over the Casintas which was originally my second choice and was my first choice at one point. So, don't stress out about possibly getting a room in the Ranchos section. That section had lots of colorful plants too.

After three CSR trips in a row, we booked Caribbean to try something new....now I am already wanting to switch back to CSR!
LOL

Dh and I agreed to switch back.

Now, my question is about how to best get a room close to main lobby and bus? We have a medical need based request for this, and I am happy to pay for waterview if it would help our cause, but I don't want it to hurt our cause by adding it (by limiting rooms).

All three trips we have asked for this request due to medical need and the trip that they placed us closest to the lobby was the one where we had waterview. I don't know if that is coincidence or not? Last trip they put us far from lobby, but we were very near a bus stop, so that helped us out dramatically! Worked out well.

any suggestions?

If you need certain accommodations for medical needs, make sure you have this added to your reservation information. Then submit this information on the online checkin system too. I don't think you should have any problems.

I'm two weeks out. Flying out of DFW May 1st at 7:00am. Will spend four nights at AKL in a pool view room, then four more nights at CSR in a standard room. Hoping for a room on the Giraffe Trail at AKL and Cabanas 9B or 8A at CSR.:cool1:

I requested the Cabanas and we got a room in 8A last summer. The location was great for us. We really enjoyed our stay. Have a great time!

I hope someone here has been on the dining plan while staying at CSR. I have, and I encountered something unusual (or so I thought at the time). I was just wondering if the confusion concerning drinks with meals has been rested. Here's what happened:

On our day of arrival, just after checking in, we stopped by Rix and purchased refillable mugs. (We had purchased the REGULAR dining plan which does not come with the refillable mugs.) Since it was 1 o'clock and we had not eaten, our next stop was Pepper Market. We were seated, with full refillable mugs in tow, and we browsed the menu. When I tried to order a round of bottled water for all 3 of us, we were told that, since we had refillable mugs, we would not be allowed to order bottled water with our meals as part of the dining plan and that it would cost extra. From that point on, we did not bring our mugs with us to the Pepper Market and we had no problems getting bottled water with our meals.:confused3 Has anyone else ever encountered this?

I hope someone here has been on the dining plan while staying at CSR. I have, and I encountered something unusual (or so I thought at the time). I was just wondering if the confusion concerning drinks with meals has been rested. Here's what happened:

On our day of arrival, just after checking in, we stopped by Rix and purchased refillable mugs. (We had purchased the REGULAR dining plan which does not come with the refillable mugs.) Since it was 1 o'clock and we had not eaten, our next stop was Pepper Market. We were seated, with full refillable mugs in tow, and we browsed the menu. When I tried to order a round of bottled water for all 3 of us, we were told that, since we had refillable mugs, we would not be allowed to order bottled water with our meals as part of the dining plan and that it would cost extra. From that point on, we did not bring our mugs with us to the Pepper Market and we had no problems getting bottled water with our meals.:confused3 Has anyone else ever encountered this?

We have done the dining plan three of our last four visits and never had ethis issue--they always refilled our mugs and gave us a drink beside. I wonder if you had a new server who didn't know the rules or if they changed them? I'm curious to see what ahnyone else had happen.

I was checking out trip advisor and someone wrote that they stayed at CSR this month and their room along with several others were robbed. This really bothers me since I will be staying here at the beginning of June. How the heck can someone without a key get into the rooms?

I was checking out trip advisor and someone wrote that they stayed at CSR this month and their room along with several others were robbed. This really bothers me since I will be staying here at the beginning of June. How the heck can someone without a key get into the rooms?

If it did happen, I wonder if it was someone traveling with the convention who would know when the people would be out of their rooms. We were there in November and left our laptop, jewelry, and a couple of times we forgot our camera in the room and nothing was ever missing. There is a safe in the room for those who want to use it. I used it as a medicine cabinet.
Know too that this can happen anywhere. If it was prevalent at CSR, we'd hear about it on the boards because someone would post about seeing police or hearing about it while staying there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter