• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Coranod Springs - beach and kids question -

sleepingbean

DIS Veteran
Is the small beach area along the lake at Coronado Springs adequate for a child to build sand castles, or is it more for just looks and lounging?
My dd wants to go to the beach, but I am wondering if this will count as close enough so we don't have to spend a day of out trip driving to the beach and back when there is SO much to do in the "world".
I think she'll have fun at the beach, but probably not for more than an hour, so I would be hesitant to do the drive for that if she would be just as happy on the fake beach?!
Is that terrible?!

Is the small beach area along the lake at Coronado Springs adequate for a child to build sand castles, or is it more for just looks and lounging?
My dd wants to go to the beach, but I am wondering if this will count as close enough so we don't have to spend a day of out trip driving to the beach and back when there is SO much to do in the "world".
I think she'll have fun at the beach, but probably not for more than an hour, so I would be hesitant to do the drive for that if she would be just as happy on the fake beach?!
Is that terrible?!
She can but there is also sand at the playground by the pool. There is a sand box where they can dig up artifacts.

Yes, the sand by the main lake is great for sand castle building etc. Throw in a trip to a water park and their wave pool and who needs the beach? Seriously, I see your dilemma, there is just so much to do at WDW, we have yet to make it to the beach yet. And we are beach lovers! And as Buzz said, there is also sand by the playground. CSR all by itself is a great vacation and once your daughter starts in on the parks, MK in particular she may not give the beach a second thought or even want to tear herself away from WDW long enough to go. Good luck!

Thanks for the tips you guys! Buz, I was just looking at your site earlier. I can't wait to go. The guys in my party want to go to a deluxe resort, but I keep telling them that CSR is everything! Plus it's my bday so I get to choose :)
princess:

My five-year-old dd adored the sand play area by the main pool at CSR -- they even have sand toys for them to use. I swear she spent more time in the sand than in the pool. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter