Coral Reef?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by Stefani P., Mar 14, 2019.

1. Stefani P.

Stefani P. Mouseketeer

I have seen lots of reviews saying it is fine or nearly bad.
    Really??
    Anyone enjoy it?

2. Dug720

Dug720 DIS Veteran

I loved it.

If you look around you will see that there are reviews for everything across the spectrum from love it to hate it and everything in between.

Stefani P. likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. DisneyMomma930

DisneyMomma930 Disney addict since 1984

We went 5 years ago on our last night and it was the best meal we had the entire trip! We sat right at the tank and my daughter loved watching the fish and the giant turtle swim by. My husband and I also thought our food was fantastic. I have since seen negative reviews so I dont know if it got worse since then. I was debating doing it for our August trip but opted not to, now that we have a 2 year old we are doing mostly character meals.

Stefani P. likes this.
  5. KenHutch

KenHutch DIS Veteran

We went this past June and it was a very nice meal and we had a very attentive waitress.

Stefani P. likes this.
  6. igrsod

igrsod Mouseketeer

Our family has mixed reviews. My husband loves it and requests it each trip. As a vegetarian I love it, as they always have something interesting on the menu for me. My daughter is just meh about it. I've never had a bad meal there. I'm not sure why so many people don't like it. It's also cool to eat while watching the tank.

Stefani P. likes this.
  7. Stefani P.

Stefani P. Mouseketeer

Yes, we are excited for the view!

8. Stefani P.

Stefani P. Mouseketeer

I would love to sit right next to the tank!! Maybe we can ask if that is available when we get there

9. GoingSince1990

GoingSince1990 Mouseketeer

We've been twice, once in 2010 and once in 2017, and the food was deeply disappointing both times. Especially when compared with any of the excellent World Showcase restaurants.

Stefani P. likes this.
  10. FSU Girl

FSU Girl DIS Veteran

I had a great meal there. I love the fish tank and watching that the whole meal. I had the shrimp and grits and thought it was delicious

Stefani P. likes this.
  11. ThistleMae

ThistleMae Pandora is Even Better than Imagined!

We love the atmosphere. It's also the quietest restaurant we've ever been to in Disney...gives you a chance to have a break. The menu isn't that large, but there is usually something for everyone. You can look at the menu on Allears.net under dining menu's. The food itself, I thought was good. I'd go again.

Stefani P. likes this.
  12. Stefani P.

Stefani P. Mouseketeer

I love the idea of a more quiet meal. Sometimes you need out of the chaos for an hour!

13. ThistleMae

Exactly! That's why it's a go to for us.

Stefani P. likes this.
  14. goofy4prez

goofy4prez A guy can love Disney and still keep his man card!

I have been to Coral Reef three times and have always had a positive experience with good food and good service. The only complaint I may have of Coral Reef is that each time we have had a set ADR we were seated anywhere from 15 to 30 minutes past our ADR. But I can say this of other restaurants in Disney as well.

The only other not so pleasant experience we had, but no fault of Coral Reef was we had a lady one time sat her " ASSets" right smack on our table while we were eating so that she can take pictures of the aquarium. I said to her, "excuse me but we are eating here". She then dropped an "F" bomb at me. To the restaurants credit our server saw what took place and had a manager talk with this woman at her table.

15. CynBeth

CynBeth DIS Veteran

We usually have lunch when it first opens and always have great food and service.

16. holden

holden DIS Veteran

We’ve never had a “bad” meal there but never an impressive one either. I love the fish tank, but the food is just ok. It’s not in our regular rotation of restaurants. There is often a long wait to be seated too, even with an ADR.

17. mn51

mn51 Mouseketeer

We went this past early fall and really enjoyed our meal. The good and service were great.

18. ThistleMae

:(

19. IluvMGM

IluvMGM Mouseketeer

On our last trip my food was so good I ate every single bite and could have eaten another plate full! I had a really tender chicken breast with mushroom risotto. It was so delicious. That being said, next time I might not like the type of risotto they have as much, but was very pleased with our last trip.

20. ThistleMae

The food is decent, not over the top, but not awful. Sort of like BOG, nothing great food wise, but atmosphere makes it worth going. Coral Reef is beautiful and serene. Actually it beats BOG in a way, because BOG is quite noisy. The acoustics in there are just terrible, everything echoes. So with pretty good food and wonderful atmosphere, I wouldn't hesitate to eat at Coral Reef again.

21. igrsod

igrsod Mouseketeer

We always ask for the seating next to the tank, as it is my hubby's fav. BUT... sometimes it's too busy and they won't honour it... other times, they tell us it might be a little longer of a wait, which we happily do.