Coral Reef...what a nice surprise!

kathyg

DIS Veteran
Aside from our wait for our reservation (1/2 hour), our experience here was so much better than expected. It's funny, though, that a seafood restaurant doesn't have more fish selections. Our server told us that the biggest seller here was the steak. I really wasn't surprised given the lack of food choices. Our party of six ordered, for appetizers, cod cake (enjoyed by both), lobster soup (very rich and enjoyed, but had a hint of cheese which I felt was misplaced), sea and land (pretty tasty), crab claws (just ok) and shrimp cocktail (greatly enjoyed). Our entrees included NY strip (ordered by three of us...very, very good), Catfish (very good), Tuna (very, very good), Shrimp pasta (ok). Desserts inlcuded chocolate wave (very good, but could have used some vanilla ice cream or some whipped cream), B&J mousse (yum), creme brulee (very, very good) and Bavarian cheesecake (another yum).

All in all, I was pleasantly surprised with Coral Reef. We were seated with a direct view of the tank (not directly in front where all the wanderers go) and our server was exceptional. Wish they would expand on their fish selections, but would definitley return!!!

I'm glad to hear this. We are celebrating our 10th Ann there in 22 days.

My family LOVED the Coral Reef. The setting was wonderful and the food was great! I had the Mahi Mahi and it was terrific! I am now a Mahi Mahi fan because of the Coral Reef!

My mom's NY Strip Steak was very good (I had a bit) and the dessert (I think the Chocolate Wave was what it was called) was flourless so she was able to eat that! We were very impressed by Coral Reef.

thanks for the review :) we are looking forward to trying the coral reef for the first time in December.

Lovely review, we are eating here for the first time soon.

I love Coral Reef! It has always been one of my favorites! I usually get the steak there because I feel funny eating fish with other fish staring at me......

Thanks for this review! We will be eating at Coral Reef for the first time soon, and we're all looking forward to it!

thanks for posting...we have an ADR there on our October trip and we are glad to hear to you enjoyed it!

I was at the Coral Reef last week and I loved it! We got the NY strip and it was the best steak I have had in awhile. The steak was huge but I managed to finish most of it. ;) And ohhhh, the chocolate wave......so good.

thanks for posting a positive review! We're eating there on Friday - the kick off of our trip and are greatly looking forward to it (It will be our first time at the Coral Reef)

Great review. Eating there next Weds glad to know what we can expect. Thanks again.

Thanks so much for your review. I am pleased to see a great review for Coral Reef. Our very first dinner reservation is there and I have been worried because it seems people have so many complaints. I am looking forward to my steak! There are 3 children in our party (10, 9, 7) and I think they will really like being able to look at the tank. Thanks again!!

So good to hear great things about the Coral Reef.
I originally planned to include it in our next trip, then changed my mind after reading many poor reviews. Right befiore I made my ADRs I decided to add it back in, because I decided we should try for ourselves :) .

Thanks for the review. We'll be eating at the CR for the first time in November. :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter