• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Coral Reef Vs Fultons Crab House

MARRAR

<font color=9999FF>Who knows what DIS addiction lu
Hi
My DH LOVES salmon and seafood.
We are arriving in july on his Birthday, Would like to take him to Coral Reef or Fulton's for dinner.
We will have our 6yr old DD and 10 yr old DS with us. The kids would NOT want to go to "the kids club" on his BD and DH would want them w/ us too.
Which restaurant which you recommend??
Thanks

Hello! My DH & I went for our anniversary to Fulton's 2yrs ago. I don't recall seeing any children there, but could be mistaken. It was a bit expensive, but worth it for us. I had the best Ahi tuna (not sure on the spelling) and DH had the most enormous king crab legs. I couldn't see taking kids there, but my kids are a bit younger.

IMHO Coral Reef seems as if it might be more enjoyable for the kids. They would have a great view of the fish to keep them occupied during the meal.

Both restaurants have great food - you just have to weigh the atmosphere.

ENJOY! :tongue:

While the giant "aquarium" view is pretty neat, the menu selection at Fultons is far superior. It is more for seafood lovers. And there is nothing shabby about the atmosphere on the former Empress Lily. {I'm still unhappy with THAT situation} Check out both menus at www.allearsnet.com :) Oh, and there is a childrens menu, and we did see kids there when we went this past February.

I've eaten at both: while the atmosphere at Coral Reef is great, especially with kids (they love the huge aquarium and you feel like you are eating under the sea), the menu at Fulton's is much more extensive. We've taken our children to Fulton's when the older ones were 8 and 2 and never had a problem. I've seen children of all ages there. We are going again next month with our DDs now 11, 6, and 2 (almost 3!).

Haven't eaten at Fultons, but have at Coral Sea three times. First two were great...but the last time was horrible...maybe it was just bad luck, but it was the only bad meal we had during our trip, and it was the most expensive. Yes the atmosphere is nice, but that didn't make up for very cold, undercooked Kraft macaroni and cheese for $6, and the adult food was cool to cold too. I think it must hve been our waiter, because everything seemed to take a long time to get us, food and drinks alike. But it spoiled my opinion of Coral Reef. We won't be going back there on our next vacation...which by the way...check out my counter...just 2 more days. (My dd did enjoy the scenery there though, and our previous 2 meals there have been exceptional.)

We weren't able to get into Fulton's because of some private party (and on the only day we could've gone!), but we did see the menu, which was pretty mouthwatering. Definitely for seafood lovers.

The atmosphere at Coral Reef is pretty cool, though. They have an amazing dessert, something like a lava cake, but with some sort of brandy sauce? We were told it's been voted "best dessert at disney" several times!

Have fun, you really can't go wrong with either. I suppose a little bit would also depend on whether you like being at Epcot or Downtown Disney as well...

We don't especially care for either of these restaurants, but with children in tow, I would recommend the Coral Reef.

I think both are great options. That being said, with the kids, I would choose Coral Reef because it does seem more kid friendly.

Just to throw a monkey wrench in your plans. You stated you DH loved salmon. The Artist Pointe at the WL has the best Salmon on property.

Have a great time!!!

I have not been to Coral Reef but we did try Fulton's and my whole family loved it!!!! My husband had the crab claws and they were delicious. My mom had the steak and said it was the best she ever had... and she's had a lot :teeth:

Let me point out that both Fulton's and Coral Reef are hideously expensive. As someone who doesn't balk at paying money for good food - I have no qualms about eating three courses plus wine at Citricos, for example - I still think these restaurants offer an attractive setting to offset ridiculously overpriced food.

Fulton's is the better option, by the way; but for good seafood on property try Artist's Point at WL, or eafood offerings at Flying Fish or Citricos.

Have eaten at both and Fulton's is a much more relaxed, slow paced meal. We've taken our kids to both, but they preferred Coral Reef. I have to agree with MinnieFan4ever though. Artist Pointe has the absolute best salmon at WDW!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter