Coral Reef/Spoodles after Dive Quest

kathyclownfish

Mouseketeer
My husband is scubing diving in the Epcot living seas tank from 4:30 until about 7:00 or so on Halloween. Afterwards, we wanted to eat dinner at either the Coral Reef or take out window at Spoodles.

We are probably going to be exhausted after touring the parks from 8:30 am that morning. My question is:

Do we eat dinner at Coral Reef since its right by the diving or do we walk all the way through Epcot to the boardwalk to pick up a quick bite at Spoodles?
I wanted to go to the boardwalk so that my DK (14) & (12) could enjoy some of the Halloween activities that go on there. But I'm afraid its going to be too much walking. So it is a quiet expensive sit down dinner at Coral Reef (and then walk to the Boardwalk) or a cheaper dinner at Spoodles/exhausting walk to the Boardwalk for Halloween activities?
Thanks for your replies!!
Kathy:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

People usually go to CR for the view. DH will probably have had his fill of that already.

How about split the difference and go to Le' Cellier and see how you feel when you're done? You'll be right near the Gateway to continue on, or go back.

I have eaten at all of them and they are all good. May be less for the DK's a CR though. Just my opinion :wave2:

Thanks Dave, I really never thought of that. I think your right about DH having his fill of the Epcot tank. What I am looking for is a moderately priced, quiet sit down place to regroup after 10 hours of touring! On previous trips we have eaten at Crown & Rose and Le'Cellier. I wanted to find somewhere new in Epcot that wasn't too expensive (not a place like Flying Fish..too expensive) and quiet. Le'Cellier would have been perfect...except we have already have eaten there. Does anyone know if there are any other places around Epcot or the boardwalk area that you think would work for us?

Thanks!!:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc
Kathy

My favorites in Epcot are Alfredo's and Nine Dragons. Both are moderately priced. Alfredo's has been more layed back and slow the times I've gone so you may want to do Nine Dragons if you are looking for a quick meal. Chinese is always faster than Italian. This way you get to relax a bit then head over to the boardwalk after dinner. I happen to really like Coral Reef as well, it is like eating in a big aquarium. Which the kids may like, but dh may be tired of.

I would choose counter service in World Showcase instead of walking all the way to Spoodles for the take out window--isn't it just pizza? In World Showcase, there's good counter service with a nice quiet area to eat in Morroco. For sit down, I also like Alfredo's in Italy, but I don't know how quiet it will be on Halloween.

Thanks Jenn and Sherri,

Ideally I wanted to be at the MNSSHP....but made plans too late and tickets were sold out. So, I thought off to the boardwalk for some Halloween activities. We are only doing Disney this year for 2 days....so I have to pack everything in!!

Now, I'm concern that if we do a quickie dinner in Epcot..regroup and then off to the Boardwalk for some Halloween activities, can I get back to my car after Epcot closes??

And secondly, other than Mexico and Rose & Crown can I see Illuminations from Nine Dragons or Alfred's?

Thanks!
Kathy

Happy to help Kathy!

I believe that if you take Disney transportation to the boardwalk you should be able to get back to the parking lot of Epcot even if Epcot is closed. I think there's a boat that goes between Epcot and the Boardwalk. So you should be able to take the boat back when you're done.

Unfortunately Alfredo's and Nine Dragons are indoor seating restaurants. Alfredo's is tucked back in Italy so I don't think you would be able to see Illuminations even with a window view. However, Nine Dragons does have a few windows seats and is located closer to the water, so there's a chance you would be able to see it.

I hope this helps.

Kathy,

The boat from boardwalk runs to the international gateway only. I believe once Epcot is closed so is the gateway. You may want to park your car at Boardwalk before you enter Epcot, you might have to Valet it since they have been cracking down on people just parking there. Shorter walk once done on boardwalk tho

I also think you're going to have to bend on something. I can't think of something that is somewhere you've never eaten, a short walk, near the IGateway, cheap, you can sit down, and see Illuminations.

As the other posted mentioned, the TANGIERINE CAFE in morocco is probably the closest in matches i can think of also. Either that or brown bag it! :hyper: :tongue: that would meet all the above

If it were me, I'd skip the Boardwalk. Have a nice dinner at Yakatori House in Japan - cheap counter service (well - Disney cheap - LOL!), in a beautiful setting. Then shop in the Department store in Japan, it's pretty cool. When you come out the front door, there is a stair case to the left. You can go up there for a stellar view of Illuminations.

It is so tempting to cram as much in as you can, but tired cranky people are no fun to be with.

Have fun, no matter what you decide!

One more weigh in..

My DH LOVED the Dive Quest, we still watch the video, we did eat at coral reef after, and he had a blast relating his experience, and "behind the scenes" info to us, pointing out things in the tank. We had a relaxing meal, then went on.

Am a HUGE spoodles lover, but think the walk around after the dive could be better spent relaxing and eating. If he's a real diver, can't imagine that he would be bored with the tank :)

ttfn
k

Thanks everyone for all your information. I've eaten at many WDW restaurants, but Epcot was just one of those parks that we never stayed too long in to enjoy. I think we will eat at the Coral Reef and enjoy DH stories about his dive. Maybe skip the boardwalk afterwards......and relax!!

Maybe eat at Nine Dragons or Alfredo's next time!!!

;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter