Coral Reef Restaurant

Totally dreadful food and service and so expensive. When you think of all the lovely places to eat in world showcase,much rather eat anywhere else.

We were there 3 weeks ago and ate there twice during the same week. Once for dinner and once for lunch. Dinner was loud and chaotic. We had an OK server who seemed completely overwhelmed. I got the shrimp pasta (I didn't see the warnings) I won't get it again. The shrimp were good, but pasta not so good. The bread was wonderful as ever. Hubby likes seafood and so far has tried every fish on the menu and has only had good things to say, so he's happy. I had the prime rib in October and it was good too. Our lunch had to be the best. We had a wonderful server (name Riley). He was so attentive. Our glasses were never empty. He made suggestions and even helped me with my camera so I could take a picture of the turtle. I have realized lunch is much better than dinner here. Lunch is quieter and more relaxed. I wasn't too hungry, but we had 2 TS to us so had to eat something. I had the ceasar salad with fried scallops (had it before and it was good). It was just as good as before. Hubby had a fish dish and was happy. I had the crab claws and they are good too (though a small portion). We had smoothies and I had the choc. wave and both times it was wonderful. Hubby probably had the pineapple cake and enjoyed too. We have no problem dining here again and have ressies for our April trip for 2 different nights. The night we ate there it was crazy busy and a family kept arguing with the managers because they wanted to be at the glass and they were a party of 6 and the manager kept telling them no. So the woman went over to a table and just sat there and won't move. It was all pretty entertaining. We kept waiting for security to come, but finally they let her sit there, but the rest of her party had to sit elsewhere. She was so obnoxious it took away from the evening for us, as we were the table next to them and had to witness everything.

We really loved it! Outstanding food, service, atmosphere. Very fast. Only had to wait 3 minutes for table. We didn't sit by the tank, but had great view from the middle section.

strange how much people's experiences vary at this particular restaurant. I wonder if it's improved recently.
My son wants to do the scuba dive in the tank there. Would be fun to watch him and have a piece of pineapple cake. I wouldn't touch the dreadful cold fish lunch again though

I have always had a good experience. My DBF and I ate there over December and it was one of our favorites (right up there with Le Cellier). We enjoyed it so much we are going back in July. I had the mahi mahi and it was really good. The lobster bisque was super yummy and the chocolate wave is sooooooooooooooooooooo amazing. I think my bf had the steak and he liked it. Anyways I really like the atmosphere, my only complaint was that we did have to wait a while and there was only two of us. But this was right before Christmas....

We went two years ago on the dining plan (and back then it was 2 TS) and loved it. I had the steak, and my daughter had pasta off the children's menu. We were seated right by the tank, but it is a small restaurant, and it does not look like any seat would be bad. We are definitely planning on doing it again on our next trip. I'd say give it a try.:goodvibes

We had dinner there in early Feb. and really enjoyed it. We waited about 15 minutes after our ADR time for our table. We weren't on the DDP and for this place, really wished we had been (would have really liked to have appetizers and not split dessert as the entree portions were a bit small). We were seated right next to the aquarium which was awesome. Our waitress (Leah) was very good even though she was clearly quite busy. In fact, our DS2.5 formed a bit of a crush on her and when we told her this, she spent a little extra time "flirting" with him. DH and I shared our meals - the mahi mahi and the blackened catfish. The mahi mahi was ok, the sauce a bit sweet for both of us. The catfish was excellent and spicy and the pepper jack grits were delicious. DS's kids meal was perfect for him - chicken pizza, apple slices, and carrots. He loves fruit and veggies and ate these all up. He even ate half of the pizza - this is A LOT of food for him to eat so he must have liked it! The chocolate wave was so, so good (and I am not a huge chocolate fan)! We will definitely go back, but hopefully on the DDP.

DH and I ate there last September. DH had the lobster bisque, prime rib, and pineapple upside down cake. I had the lobster bisque, blackened catfish and chocolate wave. Everything was delicious. Our server was wonderful and gave us great recommendations. We were seated next to the tank and thought the atmosphere was great although a little noisy. It was one of the highlights of our trip and we are planning to eat there again on our next trip (whenever that may be).

DH and I had dinner here last month, and it was so good. I was wondering, beause I've seen the bad reviews too, but it was great. Just remember that people are going to have different experiences at any given restaurant. If it looks like something you want to do, try it and see for yourself. I posted a detailed review on the dining reviews board, I can find the link for you if you want to read it.

My family really loved the Coral Reef restaurant when we went in Sept. of 2005. We are planning on going back there this June and taking my in-laws with us. My DH and I really enjoyed the Lobster Soup and the Mahi Mahi. The chocolate lava cake is to die for. Our 2 children (DD3 and DD6) loved the fact that you can watch all the different kinds of fish while eating. They gave them a special place mat that showed them all the different fish in the fish tank. They made a game out of it trying to find all of them, it really passed the time until dinner came. I would really recommend this restaurant to anyone who doesn't mind to splurge on vacation, it is a little pricey but with the setting, service, and awesome food, it is well worth it.

How is it for non-seafood eaters? My sister can't eat seafood and we were thinking of eating here.

Thanks

They have a NY strip steak, Prime Rib, Grilled Chicken Breast and if your sister is a vegetarian they have a Vegetable Strudel. I have not tried neither one of these items, but I have heard the Prime Rib is really good there. If you would like to see their menu go to (can't post links yet so please bear with me) www dot allearsnet dot com forwardslash menu and there you can see all the different menus for all over Disney World. That is where I got my information.

We ate there on Dec. 26, 2006 for the Candlelight Dinner Processional package.

We thought the appetizers and entrees were okay, but it was the desserts that make this place excellent! DD14 had the pineapple upside down cake for dessert and just said "OOOOOOOOH, it was SOOOOOO delicious." I cannot say enough wonderful things about the chocolate wave too. It was by far the best dessert I've ever had. I drool over it every time I see pictures of it here on the DIS.

The views of the aquarium were wonderful also. It was fun watching the scuba divers and seeing the various animals.

We were not 100% thrilled with the appetizer choices and the entrees were as good as other dis restaurants, but the views of the aquarium and the desserts make it worth a one-time visit - IMHO.

There are 3 of us, dh would like to try the Ahi, ds wants the Mahi Mahi, so I thought I would try the catfish, never had grits before in my life!!! LOL.

Anyone have these recently? We have dinner there on April 2!!!

We went there last March and loved it. Got in within a few minutes of our ADR for lunch, seated right up next to the glass. My son adored that!
We ordered the chicken and it was very good, moist and flavorful. My son ordered the Pasta & Cheese - don't know if they have that any more with the kids menus changing, but I hope so...he wants to go back for that! The waiter was very attentive, the room was dim light and quiet. They even gave us a souvenir menu with Happy Anniversary written on it (it was our Silver Anniversary - the trip was a present to each other). All in all, I really enjoyed it and would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone. We are planning to go back (hopefully soon!) and it will be on our list!
I had heard lots of criticism about it as well, so it may be hit and miss, but I wanted to see that aquarium! Perhaps the first seating for lunch, when they had just opened was the reason it went so well. We weren't rushed, he wasn't miffed that we did not order wine, and understood that we were too full for dessert (altho next time, I will make sure to leave room!).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter