Coral Reef- Pros and Cons?

we'll be eating there for the first time in 2 weeks. I was a little disappointed about the (lack of) seafood selection on the menu. I guess I was expecting a lot more shrimp, lobster, scallops, etc. Mostly we are going for the ambiance though. And because I just booked this trip 2 weeks ago and it was one of the few ADRs I could get on such short notice, lol.

It looks from the pix like the aquarium is along one wall and some tables are right next to it, but the others are spread out around the room, but all tables can still see it.

MY DH did not like his meal, he got steak. I didn't have a bad meal, because I would have remembered that. That being said....I didn't have a meal that blew my socks off either, as I can't remember what I got. :rotfl2:

The fish tank was really cool though!!!

When deciding on restaurants for this trip we made an agreement that we would each choose 1 restaurant and the remainder would be a joint decision. My DH was adament to try Coral Reef. I don't like seafood or fish (except shrimp, talapia and cod) but didn't say anything cause it was his choice. Two questions though, 1. Will there be anything that I will like and 2. Do you sit beside a fish tank no matter where you sit. I think the decor would sell it to me if it did.

If you haven't had Mahi-Mahi before, you would probably enjoy it. It is a very mild white fish just like Tilapia and Cod. It was very yummy, and came with rice, a cream-based (I think) sauce that was delicious and had little rock shrimp in it. I would call it a very "safe" dish as far as taste buds go. :)

No, not everyone sits by the aquarium. Only one wall of the restaurant has the aquarium wall and the restaurant is tiered. We were up on the 3rd tier which is farthest from the aquarium but we could still see the fish well. You can request aquarium seating when you check in, but you will probably have to wait a while...and fight off unruly children who are shoving past you to lick the aquarium wall as you are trying to enjoy your meal. It happens a lot.

Kids [3, 6 & 8] and I loved it. My wife didn't.
I found the portions small. Don't be afraid to get two appetizers.
Service was fine. Never felt rushed. Never had to wonder where she'd gone.

It's fascinating to me how one's experience at WDW varies with the cast members and other patrons you encounter.

I really liked the last dinner I had there. I think the atmosphere is great, though the food can be hit or miss, but the last time was really good, and the desserts are always fantastic!

We ate there in March. My food was ok, but portion sizes were too small for my husband. He ended up finishing my steak. My kids did enjoy the fish tank which was good because service was slow. We also had a 15 min. wait to be seated with reservations. It wasn't bad but will try something new next trip:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter