Coral Reef Aug 08

Disneycouple99

DIS Veteran
Prior to going I had received negative opinions regarding the restaurant, including while waiting at the Wilderness Lodge desk. We went had an absolutely wonderful server and enjoyed the food!
My husband had Blackened catfish and Chocolate Lava cake for dessert
c392c466.jpg

ce220fde.jpg

I had the Mahi Mahi and Chocolate Mousse
0ffbefac.jpg

ce9bf4f9.jpg

My daughter had grilled chicken and loved making her own sundae
6adcaf30.jpg

fde47b2b.jpg

I too have heard a lot of negative reviews about this restaurant. Thanks for the review, by the pics that you posted, it looks yummy! We have and ADR at Coral Reef in Sept and we are really looking forward to it! :goodvibes

Thanks for the review - that mousse is very good isn't it:yay:

moving to the dining review board with all the other great reviews:thumbsup2

It is always wise to listen,but in the end you have to know for yourself! I am going to eat at Coral Reef September 10th for the first time,and it is always some form of good in the bad,therefore if the negative reviews hold true, when I go and oh I have heard about the portion size ,the bad service,and the price,well if the portions are small then I will grab a bite at one of the Counter Services,If the service is bad it will reflect in the tip,and if the prices are to high for the food than that's okay because I paid for the atmosphere;) and I got a diver a personal menu. Thanks for the great review and pics I am glad you and your family enjoyed it! :cheer2:

So glad you enjoyed it! We are eating there next week and I hope we enjoy it as well. Actually, I have thought about cancelling and eating somewhere else but I think we will give it a try. :)

Thanks for your review!

Thanks for sharing your pics and reviews! I'm looking forward to going there in November!

we were there this past Thurs night and LOVED it, we had the New York Steak and Choco lava cake, was delicious, service was incrediable! We also lucked out with a diver!

We ate there last thursaday, party of 5 Me, DH and DS, DD, and DS. Had reservations for lunch at 2:30. Finally got seated at 3:20. Our server Rad, was not very friendly. For the app both DH and I had the Sea and Land we thought it dinky in portions. Kids all had the Lobster soup, said it was ok, but didn't eat much of it. DH and I both ordered the NY 80z strip, it was just OK to us. DD and DS ordered the Mac & cheese and after tasting it refused to eat it. My oldest ordered the Mahi Mahi which he declared yummy, to which the two siblings mooched off of his plate. We had to request soda refills from our server who took a while. As for dessert kids had the Sundae, which they enjoyed. DH and I had the wave which I was looking forward to trying after reading so many yummy reviews. Sorry, DH and I just did not enjoy this dessert. We both thought it was overrated, not very flavorful. We are both big chocolate fans too. We left there at 4:45. Which was 2 1/4 hours later. We enjoyed watching the sea life & the divers, we found the resturant noisy.

Just had lunch there on 8/22 and had a great time.

Our server was wonderfully patient (considering my husband was late) and even offered to hold off on his order and get ours going so we could eat. The support staff was great too. One even came out with a special treat for my DD.

DH liked the steak, I enjoyed the Mahi Mahi and loved that mousse. DD had the chicken and it was a nice size kids meal.

The atmosphere can't be beat and I think we were either lucky, or had some good ADR times, because none of our ADRs all week left us waiting more than 5-10 mins before seating.

We have ADR's there in a little over 3 weeks. I am really looking forward to this place.

I go in a few weeks, and now I can't decide between the mahi mahi or the blackened catfish! They both look great! Any suggestions? ;)

I go in a few weeks, and now I can't decide between the mahi mahi or the blackened catfish! They both look great! Any suggestions? ;)

I am trying to decide between those two as well! They both look great!

CR is great. I don't understand why people give it bad reviews. I think the only thing i would complain about is the fact there are SOSOOS many kids there late at night. Which isn't the restaurants fault at all, more bad parenting. One thing I did see was a VERY trashy woman complain that her party wasn't being seated because they were not all there. This was a case of a woman who at home has no power or control and so at Disney felt she should be treated a certain way. Either way she cause a fuss on Saturday night when CR wasn't taking walk in's, which shows how booked they were. She was inconsiderate and rude to the hostess. It took a lot for me not to say anything to her.

CR was great though!! See if you can get a booth! also portions are MORE than enough. I lot of people think that larger portions means better food IT doesn't. My portions at Disney were perfect. Fat America might not agree but America also dines at Fridays. Consider your sources. Also get the dinning plan. CR counts as 1 TS meal and that's your entree and dessert and drink (non alcoholic). It's worth it to get the plan in the long run. Our waiter was extremely friendly and this was at 830pm, clearly a long day.

The blackened catfish has some heat to it, according to my husband not overpowering. Mahi Mahi was more sweet.

I think that a big part of your experience is based on your server. They can really make or break your experience, God Bless them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter