Copper Creek in October?

DisneyStarWisher

Love My DVC!!!
I am in the process of possibly having to move my trip from the first week of October to sometime between October 23 and November 13. Originally, I had wanted October 31-November 5. I was wanting to avoid MNSSHP and the reduced park hours at MK due to it. But then I realized it was marathon weekend, which made me worried about the crowds. I waited too late to change and everything is now booked up. I had reduced myself to the fact that I would need to go October 27-November 1 because that time period had availability. I had actually gotten excited about watching HalloWishes from TOWL. But I just noticed that Copper Creek has full availability for both time periods. I can't book until March 27 OR March 31 depending on which dates I pick. Am I just dreaming that there will still be availability when I go to book next week??? Also which dates would you choose?
October 27-November 1
OR
October 31-November 5
Any advice would be appreciated! I am really confused here!

ETA: I could also do October 24-October 29 if that would help me book at Copper Creek. That would mean I could book on March 24--this Friday!

ETA: I was using the resort availability tool to get this information. Now after reading some other threads, it looks like it will not be available to book for non-owners until quite later???

Last edited:
Did you buy points at Copper Creek? If not you will not be able to book this week. Only members who purchased can book by phone for now. All other members can start booking online April 26th.

FYI - since you aren't able to book today it sounds like you do not own at CCV. Non-owners will not be able to book that resort until April 26th. Since at that time you'll have access to all the dates you are considering you can just see what is available.

Thank you. I am not an owner. I didn't realize we had to wait until April 26. If I go ahead and make a reservation at another resort, will I be out of luck getting Copper Creek if I have to cancel an existing reservation first. It sounds like it will be pure craziness trying to get in.

Last edited:

The RAT does not yet include Copper Creek. You must be looking at Boulder Ridge, the new name for VWL. If you get online to book as soon as the window opens, you should have a good chance. Good luck.

The RAT does not yet include Copper Creek. You must be looking at Boulder Ridge, the new name for VWL. If you get online to book as soon as the window opens, you should have a good chance. Good luck.
No, I am seeing Copper Creek. Boulder Ridge is also there. But Copper Creek is showing availability. Studios are available every night October, November, and December, except for December 1-5 and December 31. What I noticed is that Copper Creek is not a resort you can choose from, but when I click Select All, it is in the list of all the resorts.

Some people seem to see CCV already. I do not either yet. :confused3

They're taking cash reservations at CC already, but on points, non-owners don;t get in until late April. Most of the resort is not declared, so I expect it may be a little fierce on opening day for non-owners within 7 months.

No, I am seeing Copper Creek. Boulder Ridge is also there. But Copper Creek is showing availability. Studios are available every night October, November, and December, except for December 1-5 and December 31. What I noticed is that Copper Creek is not a resort you can choose from, but when I click Select All, it is in the list of all the resorts.

Thank you for the explanation. I can also see Copper Creek if I use the Select All feature when searching the RAT. Kathy - I bet you can too. :)

We'v been over Halloween and it was surprisingly, not that crowded. Watched HalloWishes from TOWL and it was fun! Good luck - I still think you will have a chance if you book as soon as the window opens for non-owners.

On RAT, if you do not select any resorts... just put dates and room type, it will show Copper Creek.

I have decided to go ahead and book AKV for October 27-November 1 since there is still availability then. However, I may try for October 31-November 5 at Copper Creek. If I can't get it, then it will be decided when I go.

Thank you for the explanation. I can also see Copper Creek if I use the Select All feature when searching the RAT. Kathy - I bet you can too. :) ...................

On RAT, if you do not select any resorts... just put dates and room type, it will show Copper Creek.

This worked yesterday when I tried it, but it is NOT working today. I'm predicting CCV won't be showing availability on the RAT until after 4/26. :(

If you click on the "FIND DESTINATION" tab on the top of the DVC page and select CCV, it will take you to the generic CCV description page. If you then hit the big blue button that reads "VIEW ROOMS", it will show you all the categories. from there you can check availability. That's been working for me, but YMMV.

Thanks, chicagodisneyguy. :) That's not working for me, either. If you haven't tried it yourself today, I'm willing to bet that "loophole" was closed, too. :(

This worked yesterday when I tried it, but it is NOT working today. I'm predicting CCV won't be showing availability on the RAT until after 4/26. :(
It's not working for me this way either today.

If you click on the "FIND DESTINATION" tab on the top of the DVC page and select CCV, it will take you to the generic CCV description page. If you then hit the big blue button that reads "VIEW ROOMS", it will show you all the categories. from there you can check availability. That's been working for me, but YMMV.
This way is working. And the dates that are not showing availability are the same ones that didn't show availability yesterday.

CCV is "not available in all jurisdictions" may explain why some Members don't see it on the DVC RAT. I'm in Fla and see it when I looked it up in Find Destination.

CCV is "not available in all jurisdictions" may explain why some Members don't see it on the DVC RAT. I'm in Fla and see it when I looked it up in Find Destination.

The availability? We see the resort info, but not the availability anymore. It wasn't supposed to be online for booking until the date everyone could book, most likely because they can't filter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter