Copper Creek, Bay Lake or Poly

carolinejax

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone, I am hoping you can provide some feedback and suggestions for me. We are a family of 5, 2 adults, kids, 11, 9 and 2.

We had a room booked at Poly using DVC points for the end of this month but with the covid cases in Florida and me being a recent cancer survivor we don't feel thats its safe for us right now. (We live in Florida though) So our owner has graciously allowed us to reschedule for April and hopefully I will have my vaccine by then.

The resorts available are Copper Creek, Poly and Bay Lake. We know the Bay Lake and Copper Creek sleep 4 but I spoke with an agent and she said they could get a cot for my littlest (She is 2) at no charge so that is fine with us. But What are your favorites based on those choices? We have stayed at Poly before but never Bay Lake or Copper Creek so were considering trying something different. What do you prefer? Thanks so much!

Caroline

BLT has very tiny studios. No way I would put that many people in one. Also, dvc doesn’t provide cots. Or rollaways. You would need to bring an air mattress for your toddler.

If I were you, I would stick with the poly for 5 people. Much bigger studios and an extra bathroom.

First off - so happy to hear of your being a cancer survivor - that is such awesome news!!! and major happiness to you and your family!!!

Next, back to the main question, would you be staying in a 1bedroom or studio if you went to Copper Creek?

Personally I own at Copper Creek, I have never stayed in a studio, but i've toured one and they are ok for four people, but with a cot it will be a crunch.

IF however, you have enough points to do a one bedroom in Copper Creek, then hands down that's where i cast my vote. It is by far our favorite resort - we only stay in one bedrooms though. There is a very nice amount of space, it's awesome to be in a room that is in the same building as the main lodge (where in Bay Lake you have to cross over to get to the Contemporary) and the Wilderness Lodge is just gorgeous. The pools are a lot of fun, and that splash pad is one of our faves for the little kids.
Also the food options are really good.

If you can't swing a one bedroom with the points you've rented - stay in the Polynesian because of the space - also you might want to watch some youtube room tours of the BLT studios just to double check - Here with the Ears is a great Youtube channel that has really nice room tours of just about every single room and resort.

Thanks so much! I don't think the 1 BR is available and might be a significant increase in price. We have to buy 12 extra points to stay at Poly due to the season change but sounds like it would be worth it. We have stayed at Poly before and enjoyed it but was considering branching out. But for now this makes the most sense it seems :) Some day we will be able to swing a larger room.

Poly rooms are much larger 447 sq ft. vs Bay Lake and 339 and Copper Creek 338 with an extra bathroom. One thing to consider, Poly will be under renovation then so the monorail to the Magic Kingdom will have to be boarded at Ticket and Transportation Center. Poly would be my choice though.

My guess would be by cot they mean a pack and play for the 2 year old. Most DVC rooms have them in the closet. If they are not there, just ask and they will bring one.
I would recommend Poly, it has the largest studio for a DVC resort at WDW. It’s a quick walk to the TTC for monorail or ferry to MK. Good luck. BLT and CCV studios are a max 4 people plus an child under 3 max. Those studios are the 2nd and 3rd smallest DVC studios at WDW. Only AKL value studios are smaller.

Last edited:
Stay with Poly. They absolutely mean the P&P, and with both beds in use and then a P&P CCV and BLT are a squeeze.

I would stay with Poly.

Best wishes for a healthy, happy trip!

Another vote for the Poly, although if you want to try something new I would do CCV > BLT!

5 in a studio, even with one under 2 = PVB.

BLT and CCV both have small studios and PVB is the largest. And it already has sleeping surfaces for 5. FYI so you're not surprised but Disney is doing refurbishment at the Poly and the monorail station is closed and may or may not be open by your trip. I think it probably won't be. But the DVC studios are at the end close to the TTC and we actually tend to walk over to the monorail station there even when they have the Poly station open. Poly hotel rooms are not open so resort is quieter than normal but the quick service is open and I believe Kona is too.

If you go with the Polynesian, two kids could share the queen sleeper sofa and one could sleep on the fold down murphy bed. You and your spouse could share the one real queen bed.

Another vote for Poly if staying in a studio.

If you ever get to do the 1br, BLT is great because it has 2 full bathrooms.

Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter