Coping with Older Parents

CharAnn76

Earning My Ears
Not a big poster here but a huge fan of the boards. I really need some help in coping with my elderly grandmother who raised me - to me, she is my mom. After a heart attack and pace maker implant, she seems to not be recovering.
It tears me apart to see her struggle everyday. I don't know where the future will take us, but I could really use some prayers and well wishes for her recovery, and prayers for me to be patient and get her through this. I believe in prayer, so please say a prayer for her, that she gets back to her old self. Life seems pretty hopeless at the moment... like I have this little dark cloud following me around everywhere I go. I'm so worried and stressed. I can barely function at work and with my other relationships. Again, please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

Sending hugs and prayers out your way. :hug: It is so hard to watch the ones you love age. I lost my Dad in January at the age of 90 and it was so hard to get through. I now help my 86 year old Mom. I have learned to take it one day at a time and enjoy the time we have together. Altho there are many times when I wish I could just close my eyes and when I open them have everything back to the way it was years ago when my parents were younger and healthier. It's never easy..

Please take care of yourself...

Jill

:hug: Thoughts and prayers.

I am so sorry you are going through this. I will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter