Coolers..packing a lunch?

mamafar

Earning My Ears
Can you bring coolers with water and soft drinks into the theme parks? What about snacks and sandwiches? Size restrictions? Help...going to Disney on a dime!

Here are the current official rules regarding coolers:
WDW Cooler Policies

As far as I can tell, you should be able to bring a cooler to any of the theme parks but at AK, you must check the cooler into a locker during your visit, while at the other parks you are free to carry it with you thru the park.

Be aware that they will enforce the "small cooler that can be carried by a single person rule" and that coolers or backpacks with wheels are not permitted.

Hi technically you're not allowed to bring food and soda into the parks at all BUT I have been going to WDW for over 20 yrs and I refuse to buy any food in the parks except for at least one character dining sit down restaurant as a matter of tradition.....I have NEVER been stopped when I have sandwiches in tupperware or clear zip-loc bags with freezer packs all carried in a back pack and as far as drinks I simply bring Crystal Light or something similiar to add to my water bottle all day long...not bringing in any glass. I have asked for a cup of ice everywhere and never been denied. I also pack cut up fruit and bring along Special K cereal bars for a mid afternoon pick me up. I am the Queen of cheap, and saving and cutting costs makes these semi-annual trips possible.

I hoped I helped you somehow, have a great trip pixiedust:

aka-mad4themouse said:
Here are the current official rules regarding coolers:
WDW Cooler Policies

As far as I can tell, you should be able to bring a cooler to any of the theme parks but at AK, you must check the cooler into a locker during your visit, while at the other parks you are free to carry it with you thru the park.

Be aware that they will enforce the "small cooler that can be carried by a single person rule" and that coolers or backpacks with wheels are not permitted.

Well thanks for posting that...that was news to me too, I had no idea as I never tried to bring in a cooler, so I guess that they finally realize that we ARE bringing in our own food? :thumbsup2

Luvchefmic said:
Well thanks for posting that...that was news to me too, I had no idea as I never tried to bring in a cooler, so I guess that they finally realize that we ARE bringing in our own food? :thumbsup2
It's amazing what you can find here at wdwinfo.com if you do a search. I had no idea that page existed until I looked for a definative answer for the OP.

I took my lunch to the parks once and found a table right outside of epcot. There was another family that had brought their lunch also. I can not remember what I packed,but I always take something with me.

If you're traveling with children, the security guards EXPECT you to have food and snacks. We got chastised by one guard because we were traveling light that night and didn't even have a single cracker.

Our next trip, I am definitely bringing lunch for my children into the parks. They hated CS and I am not willing to do more than one TS a day. That was our biggest mistake last trip...not having enough familiar foods for the children to breakfast, snack, lunch on. There are times at home that they don't like dinner and don't eat it, but at least they've eaten the rest of the day.

I found a really nice insulated cooler back pack at the grocery store once! I used that so it looked like a back pack. I filled it up every morning with a lunch and some snacks. They checked it on the way in and never said anything. I can't imagine having to buy lunch every day!

It was heavy for a while but it they lightened it up quick. We would try to find a nice quiet place to have lunch.

:tinker:

target has 50% off their summer line and there were some nice soft sided cooler on sale.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter