Cookware for glass top stove

ABSOLUTLY HATE my glass top stove takes at least twice as long for the burners to heat up an the oven too. NO scratches just don't like the fact that is so time consuming to use. I can clean coil burner stove in less time than it takes this smooth top to get hot.

I keep hoping I'll bust the glass top an be able to get me a stove that I actually like.

I have a Kitchen Aid Architectand love it. I've had it for four years now and have no complaints. I use Le Creuset and All Clad stainless, and one Calphalon deep skillet with no complaints.

I also use all types of pans - stainless stell, cast iron. I don't have any problem with scratches. I have also cooked popcorn on the stove that required constant movement with my stainless steel - no scratches. Breaking from dropping a pan would be more of a concern - thankfully, that hasn't happened.

This is how I scratched my first glass top stove when we got married! Luckily Jenn Air covered it under warranty. I'm thinking the pans I was using had the coils on the bottom though.

I've had mine for over 10 years, and I absolutely love it!:thumbsup2
I use any and every kind of pot on it, and it doesn't have any more scratches than a regular stove top would have around the burners. I'd never buy any other kind of stove. Just use common sense when cooking, and it should be fine.

I have a Maytag glass top for 3 years now and use Farberware Stanless Steel pot/pans. I have no scratches on my stove. The one thing I do have & hate are the dripping marks from the water in between the glass on the oven door.. hard to explain.. hope you understand what I am saying. It is from the sponge when I clean the top of the door. There are vents & if the water gets in there it drips down & leaves water marks on the inside of the glass.. the glass is a double pane on the oven door. I have tried everything to get the door apart to clean it and can't..:sad2: anyone have any suggestions?

Here where I live, we don't have gas, unless we get a propane tank & I won't do that. I miss having a gas stove like I had in NY. I am here going on 18 years and still not use to electric.. :headache:

I've had my GE Profile for over 7years and love it. No scratches at all and I cook with everything. I use to use the special ceramic cleaners to clean it but it was crap. Then used Magic Eraser for years. Last week discovered a plain green Scotch Brite pad works just as well. Shine up with a little Windex and good to go. Stove still looks new except for the nick in the corner DS caused when he hit it with a cookie sheet!

I've had my GE Profile for over 7years and love it. No scratches at all and I cook with everything. I use to use the special ceramic cleaners to clean it but it was crap. Then used Magic Eraser for years. Last week discovered a plain green Scotch Brite pad works just as well. Shine up with a little Windex and good to go. Stove still looks new except for the nick in the corner DS caused when he hit it with a cookie sheet!

That is all that I have ever used on mine.. the Scotch Brite Pads.. they are super cheap. I even use them on my sinks & bath tubs.. make sure you get the ones that say non scratch....:thumbsup2

I've had mine for 9 years, it's a Frigidaire and I've never had any problems. I use cast iron, uneven bottom pans and have never had any problems. Although I don't ever put pan lids on the top and generally I put a hot pad down if I'm going to set a hot cookie sheet or baking pan on it. (We had a Corning Ware baking pan hot out of the oven that we set on a non-ceramic stove top, it was cold and it made the hot baking pan explode). So now I always put hot pad's down first, not matter what.

I just clean mine with soap and water from the sink. If something boils over I just use a razor blade to scrape it off. I do have a bottle of Ceramabryte, but I only use it about once a year.

When we first got the stove I remember thinking that it took a long time to heat up and start cooking. But I always had to turn it down before things finished cooking because it stayed hot a long time. I was used to cooking on regular electric, but it did take a bit of getting used to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter