Convince Me to Stay in Pop

excited4dis

Mouseketeer
I'm taking my two boys next summer back to Disney. They will be 17 and 14 then. In 2011, we stayed in a preferred room at All Star Movies and loved it. I was originally thinking of just going back there again. Sharing the busses never bothered me. However, I'm looking to make new experiences this time, so I'm thinking of switching over to Pop. The decor looks like a lot of fun, like ASM. I have always just crossed Pop off my list though because of the size of it, and I heard it can be quite noisy. When we stayed in a preferred room at ASM, it was pretty quite. I would stay in a preferred room in Pop as well if we choose this option. I also like the fact that we can walk over to AOA and check that resort out as well. Any other reasons you can think of to choose Pop over ASM this time, or am I better off just sticking to ASM?

If quiet and being closer to AOA is important, then I would request a lake side room, maybe in the 70's section building 6.

They are pretty equal resorts really. My only one major negative with Pop is that at the parks it seems the bus stop is the one farthest away from the gates. My nephew and I started to joke to walk to the one farthest out, it was bound to be Pop's!

Our room was on the 3rd floor, in the 50s building. It overlooked some green space and was very quiet. But nice and close to the bus stop and food court.

Mine too, lol! However I figure I walk enough in the parks. I want things nice and easy at the resort!
I agree. When I get off that bus when we get back to the resort, I just want a short walk. That's one of the reasons why I pay the extra for a preferred room. My feet are throbbing by the end of the day!

Okay, I'm thinking of going without the preferred room, and asking for a lakeside room, top floor. Seems like this will be the quietest.

Last edited:
Okay, I'm thinking of staying in the building 10 of the 70s section. It's preferred. It looks quiet, and the walk seems shorter. Thoughts?

That sounds like a great plan. Are you talking about 2017 or 2018? The rooms should be nice and new if you mean 2018, with one queen (for your boys) and a double table/murphy bed for you (unless you want the boys to share the double). Pop will actually be better than one of the other values if you have two people in one bed.

I love, love, love the theming at Pop, and the music is so much fun. We loved listening to Kool and the Gang's Celebration and Elvis music and music from the 80's while en route to the parks. Pop seems more like an adult resort than the All Stars.

I did not think Pop was that big at all. We have stayed at CBR and POR and compared to those, Pop is tiny. A preferred room will cut down on the size for you. We stayed preferred in the 1970's and loved it. We actually faced Mickey phone, but it was very quiet, aside from 9 am when the music started. If you want to sleep in, you might want to request top floor, landscape view.

We have almost always stayed at sports and we love it. And when they double the busses sports is the first on and the first off out of the values. That being said the past four trips have been to Pops. I miss Sports but the thing is, we have to go now in late May when it is hot and crowded. We like Pops because we can take the AOA buses and just walk across the connecting bridge to Pops when the crowds are high. We usually judge it by which bus is there, which line looks longer etc. and its really helped late at night after the fireworks when its crazy to have that extra transportation option. I just take whatever non preferred room they have but if you stay towards the middle where you have the choice to walk towards the bridge or the common building at Pops you would be good. Personally to just get back to my area and leisurely walk to Pops from AOA has never bothered me and I usually grab food at their food court to carry back because they have some different food options I like. I hope you have an awesome trip!!!!!

Last time I stayed at Pop I got a standard room in building 9 and it was a 3 minute walk (if even that long) to the bus stop and main building. Shortest walk I've had at a WDW hotel outside of POFQ.

AtlantaDisneyDreamer, Thank you for your advice. I actually edited my post above after I did more research. I'm going to definitely do Pop over ASM this time. However, I'm not going to do preferred. I would rather do a lakeside room on the top floor so it's the quietest. The theming does look like a lot of fun. I can't believe I have to wait until the summer of 2018, but maybe I'll luck out and my room will have been refurbished by then.

We have almost always stayed at sports and we love it. And when they double the busses sports is the first on and the first off out of the values. That being said the past four trips have been to Pops. I miss Sports but the thing is, we have to go now in late May when it is hot and crowded. We like Pops because we can take the AOA buses and just walk across the connecting bridge to Pops when the crowds are high. We usually judge it by which bus is there, which line looks longer etc. and its really helped late at night after the fireworks when its crazy to have that extra transportation option. I just take whatever non preferred room they have but if you stay towards the middle where you have the choice to walk towards the bridge or the common building at Pops you would be good. Personally to just get back to my area and leisurely walk to Pops from AOA has never bothered me and I usually grab food at their food court to carry back because they have some different food options I like. I hope you have an awesome trip!!!!!
Angeella, I've never even thought of taking an AOA bus as an alternative option. What a great idea! Thank you! I edited my post above. I'm not going to do preferred, and ask for a top floor lakeside view instead. Preferably building 6.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter