• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Convertible Car Seat for Airplane/Car Rental

LMO429

DIS Veteran
Hi our last trip our son was 1 years old and we brought our Nuna Pipa Car Seat for the airplane and then used that car seat for the rental car and it worked out great.

Our trip next time he will be 2 years old and I would need a recommendation for a Car seat for the airplane again and then the rental car. I currently have the nuna rava in my car but it just seems to bulky to bring on the airplane.

any suggestions pictures would be highly appreciated. TIA

When my DS was smaller we traveled with our Radian. It is a very narrow and low seat. When it is on the plane it is low enough that you can still completely lower the tray table for eating/coloring. That said, it is a very heavy seat. It does come with a strap to carry it on your shoulder and it folds to make it easier, but my husband has to carry it. It is difficult to install well rear facing due to its height, not sure if that is a consideration for you at 2 years old. It is very nice now that my two boys are older and we can travel with only boosters!

Cosco has all stage seats that are airline approved and are light weight and easy to use. If it's just for the trip I would go with that and not spend a lot of money on a seat that wouldn't be used for anything else.

Evenflo makes good lightweight travel seats. If your son is still rear-facing, the Tribute might be a good option or, for slightly higher cost, the SureRide, which has much higher height and weight limits and will last longer. If he's forward facing, I would go with the Maestro combination seat (forward-facing harnessed seat that converts to a highback booster).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter