contempory vs pop

wifey1220

DIS Veteran
I have a vacation planned for sept during free dining staying at pop century. I was thinking about upgrading to the contempory. I love the food courts at the value resorts and was wondering if we would be disappointed with the choices at CR. Any thoughts....
I also love the crazy kid friendly atmosphere at the values will CR be too adult. I have a 3 and 7yr old boys.

Honestly it's hard to compare the Contemporary vs Pop Century. One is a Value Resort and the other is a Deluxe Resort, so you would be getting a lot more amenities at the Contemporary. I say if you are able to you should upgrade to the Contemporary because I am sure your kids would love seeing the Monorail go by on the 4th floor and going on it anytime they wanted to. The Contemporary is also very kid freindly because they have Chef Mickey's located on the 4th floor, a great arcade and the stores are also fun to look at. If you want anymore information about the Contemporary here is a link to the Contemporary FAQ thread. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1710920

:thumbsup2 if you can afford it - do it.

they can walk to the Mk or take the monrail - that makes up for a lot of other stuff that they will miss at the values.

The actual only complaint I have about the CR is with the new renovations there is absolutely no counter space.

Lack of food court is a common complaint with folks who love that convienence at values so if thats a biggie for you, think on it.
Like others have said the monorail, view of the MK and chef Mickeys makes CR a favorite of mine.

The actual only complaint I have about the CR is with the new renovations there is absolutely no counter space.

Lack of food court is a common complaint with folks who love that convienence at values so if thats a biggie for you, think on it.
Like others have said the monorail, view of the MK and chef Mickeys makes CR a favorite of mine.
By September Chef Mickey's Express should be open, so that solves the problem for lack of a food court.

I really wanted CR but it was booked solid for free dining so if you can find availability let me know (unless it's a $500 room or something-that's all I could find availability for!)

If you can get it...CR! We did a POP/POLY split stay during free dining of august '06. Pop was insane, Poly was great, and that was with Cap'n Cooks under construction ( so we could not get refil mugs :( ) We have never been able to afford BOTH deluxe accomodations and deluxe grub at the same time...but free dining allowed us to do exactly that! My kids were 7 and 11 when we stayed at CR last...in the N.Wing...sniff, sniff....never felt the place was too grown up at all...we loved it, the kids would go back in a heartbeat!

Pam

I staid in both the CR and POP (not on the same trip) but i love them both but Ido agree though that if you can afford the CR then go for it. Lets not forget the little light paraid they have at the lake at night. (unforturnatly last time i went the little show was at the same time as wishes fireworks show). I'm hoping in November we could stay either at the POLY or CR:goodvibes

I agree with CR Resort Fan. Its hard, impossible really to compare the two. I love Pop Century, the food court, fun icons and the value (no pun intended) of it all make me extremely happy when I stay there. On the other hand at the CR, you would have the proximity to the MK and monorail, a nicer pool with a slide and hot tub, larger room with a balcony, queen sized beds and all the other amenities of a deluxe. So if you can afford it and if you can get in, than go for it. But while most will say the CR totally surpasses Pop, that's sort of like saying a BMW surpasses a Ford. It does but at a huge price difference that in the end may not make your vaction any better. Only you can decide if that price difference is worth it. I don't think Pop will make you or your kids feel like you got jipped. And also, if staying at the CR will make your budget whimper don't do it. Even though you have free dining, there's always a ton of expenses and stuff that comes up on a Disney trip, even when you eat for free! Good luck, I don't think you can make a wrong choice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter