Contemporary's cheap rooms -downside?

dustysky said:
Me to, I would be very upset if they made this hotel a DVC.... seem's DVC is for the very wealthy. That said I will never be a DVCer but would love to be able to stay in the contemporary some day ...

If they make a section of the resort DVC it will be just like the Wilderness Lodge, Beach Club and Boardwalk, with part DVC and part of of it not. They will not make the entire resort DVC.

Sammie said:
If they make a section of the resort DVC it will be just like the Wilderness Lodge, Beach Club and Boardwalk, with part DVC and part of of it not. They will not make the entire resort DVC.

Oh good, thanks

Sammie said:

Yes, that's what I heard. The rumor is that it will actually be a tower, like the main tower -- many stories high. It would be pretty big and could dwarf the existing south wing. Could be interesting. Again, all rumors, but they seem to know what they're talking about over on the DVC board.

Stayed there in Oct at a AP rate of $192 a night with tax. We had a first floor wing room and loved it. We could walk out our room and walk to the MK. The pool was open 24 hrs. and the arcade is one of my favorites. Although my husband likes to try different disney resort hotels, he compares everything to this trip. I don't know if he will ever be the same :rotfl2:
I would splurge on the Contemporary if this is your first trip or if you won't be going again for a while. Also- you have to check out the California Grill. It is on top of the Contemporary hotel and has amazing views of the MK. If you are lucky enough to get a reservation there, try to coincide it with the fireworks. They pipe in the music from the MK and turn the lights down. It is gorgeous.

Enjoy your planning :)

Just wanted to let Dusty know that DVC is not just for the wealthy. We just purchased 25 shares for about $2300 (a little more than the average cost of a disney vacation). annual dues 100.
That will get us two/three nights until 2054!
Check the resale page if you are really interested in DVC.
We are by no means wealthy- but we are rich in love :rotfl2:

disneyfan67 said:
While I agree with Bicker about the overall theming of the Garden rooms, I would stay there again if the price was right. I didn't care for the "Clown's Nightmare" of the old room decor, I did like how much room it had. It had a lot of space and the bathroom was huge, plus there was a seperate area with a door for the toliet.
:teeth:

When was the "Clown's Nightmare" (very well stated!) remodelling done? I don't remember the rooms looking that way when I was there in the early 80s.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter