• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Contemporary Standard rooms

luvdiz

Mouseketeer
Please tell me what they're like. Trying to decide btwn that and WL. We've stayed at WL before and love it. we're taking 3 young kids...

TIA

Haven't been to WL yet, so I can't compare. I did stay in a garden wing room, North wing. I was in a room on the ground level, facing the lake. It was really nice. I know that they are refurbishing the rooms, so you could luck out and get a nice newly done one. I have no problem with the walk to the food areas from the wings...or getting to the bus area/monorail platform. I would love to stay there again. I love the proximity to MK also, and the ease of getting to the TTC to transfer to the Epcot monorail.

I've stayed in the standard wing rooms for 2 trips. Both times they faced the parking lot. The rooms are the same, it's just the view. The first time we stayed in the standard room, the room wreaked of smoke, so we went back and they assigned us another room. That room was obviously occupied, so we went back and they assigned us another room. Then we got a parking lot view. We were on card number 13 by the time we got our room and it took 2 hours to sort it out. We like the CR and are hoping the rumors are true that a DVC resort will be built there. If view if not important, then it shouldn't be a problem. Unfortunately for us last September while having the parking lot view, the South Wing was under construction and not only did we have the parking lot view, we also had the construction pit view too and it was noisey because of all of the work. We did complain and we didn't even get an apology. We also mentioned the infant with us when checking in and found out that we were in the S.W. It was not one of our best trips, especially when the family started saying that they wanted to go back to Pop where we were the first 2 nights. ugh (CR is my favorite, but no one elses in the family--it was my birthday, so my choice.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter