Contemporary Questions

married2grumpy

DIS Veteran
Just curious if there is a beach to watch the fireworks from like they have at the Polynesian. Also to watch the EWP. We wanted to stay at the Poly for July 4th but it may be more than we can afford because we are staying 13 nights. We thought of doing our whole stay at the Contemporary in a wing room instead (of course we're hoping for an AP rate).

Will we be able to see a fireworks display from the Contemporary?

P.S...I am EXTREMELY afraid of heights so it has to be from a ground floor location. :blush:

Thanks!

you cant see the fireworks from the beach but you can watch the ewp from there. there is a place on the 4th floor concourse to watch them or you can have dinner at cg and watch them from there. also if you get a tower room with a mk view you can watch them right from your balcony. i have heard that some of the north wing rooms also have a slight view. :wave:

For your staying on the Ground request...The front of the Contemporary faces MK so if you go out front you can see the fireworks. If you are extremely afraid of heights I would not suggest California Grille (or a tower room ;) stay in the wings ) From the beach you would be facing the wrong direction. You can however see the Electric Water Pageant from the beach each night.

oh i didnt see the afraid of height note. the 4th floor viewing are is not that high and if you get a tower room you can request a low floor which im sure wouldnt be a problem since most request a higher one. :wave:

We went up to the California Grill once to see the view and I couldn't go out to look. My DH took the kids out there and I almost had a panic attack. I thought for sure someone was going to fall off the building!

A wing room is definitely what we would book. I am a little bummed about not having a place outside to sit and watch the fireworks. I thought there would be a beach to watch from since they are so close to MK.

We didn't want to venture into the parks to see the fireworks display and have to fight the crowds. I'll have to rethink our options.

I think I would be okay on the 4th floor, that's not too high but a tower room is too pricey for us. The wing rooms are more affordable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter