Contemporary Garden Wing

owl0306

Mouseketeer
How far is the walk from the garden wing to the tower and to the walkway to MK? TIA! Also do the garden wings have elevators or is it like okw?

It has been quite a few years since we stayed in a Garden Wing room. There were elevators in the section we were in. It was a walk to the main building and it is the opposite end of the property from the walkway to MK.

ty I finally saw map and it does look like a far walk thanks so much for your response

My DW and I stayed there for week in September. It is a unique part of the property but we prefer the tower. It is very handy if you are wanting to spend alot of time by the pool, however it is a walk to the main building to eat or get drinks. it is also a walk to the bus stop and the MK... Not a bad place to stay but if I am going to pay to stay at the CR, we would prefer to stay in the main building.

Just our opinions.

How far is the walk from the garden wing to the tower and to the walkway to MK? TIA! Also do the garden wings have elevators or is it like okw?

About 50-100 feet to the CR from the wing building. They are directly adjacent to each other. Kind of like the outer buildings are in relationship to the main building at the GF. The wing building is probably closer than Bay Lake Tower is to the main tower building.

So the walkway from the Tower bldg to the MK is about 100 feet shorter.

The wing building has elevators. But it is only three floors high, so the stairs are easy.

I have stayed in the farthest out room in the wing, and walking at a normal pace I was still to the 4th floor of the tower in under five minutes. As far as walking to MK, it took maybe 2-3 minutes longer depending on whether I cut through the tower on the ground floor or walked around the tower outside. Cutting through didn't take quite as long.

My main beef with the tower are the elevators. They are too small and too slow. I was on the 9th floor last summer, and we actually took the stairs down each time because the elevator situation was so bad. The wing does have two elevators (in separate parts of the wing) but with three floors I seldom use them because the stairs are so quick.

The biggest difference is that the wing rooms do not have balconies and the tower rooms do. Otherwise the size, layout and decor are the same for the tower rooms and the wing rooms.

Maps can be deceptive. Althoug we've never stayed at CR, when we stay at WL we take the resort boat over to CR and the boat dock is further then the wing from tower and it only takes us 5 min to walk over to the tower. :confused3 so I don't understand the feeling that its a hike?

Not a long walk at all. Probably takes just as long to the lobby or food court from a tower room if you take elevators into account.

(maybe an exaggeration, but it's really not far at all!)

I absolutely love the Garden wing and did not think the walk to the main tower or MK was bad at all.:goodvibes We had a first floor room with a view of the pool and lake.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

Terri

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter