Contemporary access

Wenda

Mouseketeer
I will be staying at CSR for 7 nights in May and we want to visit the other resorts. I will be in a wheelchair most of the time and I have read that the only way to exit the monorail at the Contemporary is via an escalator. I can't move fast enough to do this. Is this still true or have they made is stop accessable?

We just made the reservations and I am so excited :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

We have not stayed at the Contemporary, so I can't give you first hand information, BUT I do know that issue was resolved 4 or 5 years ago by adding an elevator.
Hopepfully, someone who has stayed there will post a first hand account.

There is an elevator between the "Grand Canyon Concourse" (4th Floor) and the Monorail platform (5th Floor). If you are facing the escalators on 4, is is directly behind you right at the edge of the Fantasia Shop.

It is a little unusual, as there is only one door on the 4th floor which is used for both entrance and exit. However, on the 5th floor there is one door for exiting and another for entering.

Originally posted by Wenda
I will be in a wheelchair most of the time and I have read that the only way to exit the monorail at the Contemporary is via an escalator. I can't move fast enough to do this. Is this still true or have they made is stop accessable?

This was true three years back or so, Then they installed an elevator serving the monorail platform during a refurbishment.

Andrew

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter