Contemp. monorail question

nab486

Mouseketeer
We are traveling to Disney in May( Yippieeeeeeee) and my parents are coming with us. My dad is in an electric scooter, he can stand but not unsupported. My question is.. has the monorail station been changed to where he will not have to go up the escelator(sp). Last time we were there, a few years ago, it wasn't. I have been told that it has, but I have also been told that it hasn't. Anyone know for SURE?

Also, where are the handicapped rooms at the Contemp.? We asked for a wing room, but I am hoping to get an upgrade to the tower. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Jamie

Yes, confirm what Michigan posted. We were at WDW in December and saw the changes. They rearranged the restroom facilities on the Grand Canyon Concourse to put in the elevator to the monorail platform. The existing tower elevators can get you from any floor or entrance level to the Concourse. Enjoy your trip!

There is one person who often posts that it is not accessible, but each time he posts that, we get a number of people who confirm that it is acessible and they have ridden the elevator. So trust what Michigan and JudithM have said.

SueM in MN
Co-Moderator of disABILITIES
cinderella08.gif
ˇ

Thank so much for the info. I believed that it was but my AAA rep. said that it wasn't. I was hoping that her information was outdated.

Thanks again,
Jamie

Yes its accessible....I stayed at Contemp for 3 days this last trip in Dec and there is an elevator and the CMs there put a ramp on the handi car so he can just roll right on in ! :)

Now the hotel itself leaves alot to be desired IMHO.... but thats a story for another day! LOL

Wheelsie Co-Moderator of disABILITIES
and
DisneyTips
wheelsie@mail.wdwinfo.com

cokewheelin.gif

Thanks, SueM! I realized the elevator had been put in when I realized the ladies rest room had been rearranged :).

so, Wheelsie, how about starting a new subject & tell us your thoughts on the Contemporary? I'm curious to hear what you think. Thank you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter