Contacting DVC or Resort for Room Requests?

OrthoDad

Mouseketeer
Sorry if this has been posted before, but I couldn't find it.

We have had some really bad fortunes in our last 2 DVC check-ins. We totally understand that any room preference requests are just that, with no guarantee for them honoring them.

However, our last 2 trips we have booked accessible rooms for my son in a wheelchair on-line. The last time they simply did not have an accessible room available for us (savannah view at AKL). We had to wait in the lobby for hours, and they finally moved some things around for us in a non-savannah room, and credited our points back. The AKL folks were very nice, but they kind of threw DVC reservations under the bus...saying that AKL (the hotel iteself) was not notified for the need for a wheelchair room. Two days later, they moved us (which was an inconvenience) to the correct room, and like I said, were very apologetic.

So, how should we contact DVC or the hotel itself PRIOR to our trip this year to make sure that doesn't happen again? We would appreciate any advice...

Thanks!

My suggestion would be to call member services and have it noted on your reservation, then a couple days before you start traveling call the resort and check that it is actually on your reservation as well.

It's also worth noting that when you "call a resort," even from your room AT the resort, you don't speak to the actual front desk. You speak to an off-site call center.

Accessible rooms by federal law are now a booking category just like dedicated and lock-off. When you make your reservation, check the accessible box to view and book an accessible room. The fact that the room is accessible should be listed in the room description. If MS adds the request to a regular reservation, it is just a request.

:earsboy: Bill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter