Contact to vending carts head, help?

lenshanem

DIS Veteran
Anyone have a contact number or email for the head of vending carts for the parks? My daughter has food allergies and I'm hoping to get in contact with soemone so I can get a list of all the ice creams they offer from the carts so I can contact the appropriate manufacturers and check to see if any of them are safe for her to eat. With us now DVC members this would be handy for all our future trips. Last trip I chanced the Mickey ears ice cream with no problems since two different CMs told me they were told they were safe for peanut allergies, but recently soemone told me they talked with soemone at Nestle and they don't guarantee them as they are not made on dedicated lines. We won't be eating these again. :( Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

The only ice cream novelties that may not be made by Nestle are the Strawberry bar, the Orange Juice bar, and the Frozen Banana (which has nuts on it).
There is no head of carts for all the parks, but if you contact the WDW operator (407-824-2222) they should be able to connect you to outdoor foods at one of the parks (you choose... they all sell the same things...) and a manager should be able to find that information for you.
Just off the top of my head, I would say that the items that would be a safe bet for not containing nuts are: Itzakadoozie, Minnie's Strawberry Bar, and the Frozen Orange Juice Bar.

Forgive me, since I do not have an allergy- but if the Mickey ears have not changed, and she ate one last year - won't she be okay again this year?

[Familymoon: Forgive me, since I do not have an allergy- but if the Mickey ears have not changed, and she ate one last year - won't she be okay again this year? ]

Even though she didn't have a problem before, it's kind of like Russian roullete to eat them again. If they also process nut conatining products on the same line as the Mickey bars, there's always a chance that one could be conatminated with nut oils or residue.

Thansk tw1nsmom for the explanation.

Familymoon, her allergy to peanust and tree nuts is life threatening. She is only 5, but has already been to the ER numerous times and all these times ahve been due to cross contamination issues!
We ahve to be very careful.
To understand how difficult it is, next tiem you're at the grocery store pick up a few boxes of cookies, cereal, ice cream, candy, etc.
Things that you would normally think were safe soemtimes have a warning that they may conatin nuts. Thsi is because many products are made on the smae equipment. Even residue left over on the machines could result in her having a serious reaction.

I called WDW outdoor foods today for Magic Kingdom. I asked the man if I could get a list of ice creams from the carts, the manufacturers and possibly their phone numbers. I was placed on hold for awhile and another woman came back on and proceeded to list the ice creams that could possibly contain traces of peanuts or nuts. (Funny, cause I never told the first person I talked to why I needed the list. So this must happen often.) She told me she couldn't have -
Tollhouse cookie sandwich
cookies and cream ice cream sandwich
Nestle crunch bar
I asked her about the Mickey Ears and she told me they were safe. I then mentioned I knew someone who had called Nestle and they were told the ears weren't made on a dedicated line.
She was nice, but firmly told me that they are safe and any of the people working the carts would be glad to let me read all the ingredients before I purchased one.
I just feel odd about this now. I don't remember all the ice creams they offered. Does what she listed to me sound correct?

Thanks!

oooh - I see...so just because one was NOT contaminated, doesn't mean others won't be.

I was thinking it meant that there were non-peanut ingredients...not that the likelihood of contamination was random.

Thanks for the explanation!

DS has a peanut allergy and we have had no problem just reading the ingredients listed on the packages. Companies will specifically note on the allergy information if the product is "manufactured in a facility that also processes peanuts/nuts", or if it "may contain traces of peanuts". I specifically checked in August and the Mickey Bars(at least the ones in ASMO food court) had no mention of any peanuts or nuts.
Good luck!

CamColt, so your son has also had the Mickey Ears ice cream with no problems?
Have you also been successful with any of the other ice cream bars served in the parks?
I usually feel pretyy good about Hershey, but I've always been a littel nervous with Nestle for soem reason.
Thansk!

Originally posted by lenshanem
CamColt, so your son has also had the Mickey Ears ice cream with no problems?
Have you also been successful with any of the other ice cream bars served in the parks?
I usually feel pretyy good about Hershey, but I've always been a littel nervous with Nestle for soem reason.
Thansk!

Yep, he has no problem with those. The only other thing I remember him getting from a cart was a popsicle type thing. Its really tall and rainbow colors are swirled together. If its icecream you are looking for hes had it from the Main St Parlor and hes gotten Dole Whips too.
You are right about Neslte. I find most of their candies say "made in a facility..." Its such a pain because you know 99.99999% of the time that candy is fine, but you just dont want to take that chance. You would think with so many peanut allergies nowadays they would keep part of their facilities peanut free in order to not to have to limit so much of their product from so many people.
We find the waiters and chefs in WDW are very knowledgable and helpful. Luckily DS is not an adventurous eater so its usually pretty easy for us. Good Luck and enjoy your trip!!! I see we will be there together! :D

I agree CamColt. The chefs at WDW are very knowledagle and helpful.
The best experiences we have had have been at Chef Mickey's and 1900 Park Fare. Buffets usually make me nervous. We actually had a slight problem at AKL's Boma though. The chef was great walked me aroudn the buffet, etc. (This was for breakfast.) but after we ate I notciec a coupel hives around her mouth. I gave her Beandryl and it did the trick, no need for the Epipen but it made me nervous about eating there again.
She has also had the Dole Whips. I feel fine with soft serve. We recently bought DVc at BCV and I'm nervous about eating at beaches and Cream, though.
Hope you have a wonderful trip, too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter