construction at Boardwalk

precious pixie

Wish I could change this name 😁
I have reserved a studio at The Boardwalk for my honeymoon next June 5. I rented points for this stay from a DVC member and they recieved a newsletter saying that there is construction going on at the resort and will continue through the summer. They said that none of it will be done inside the rooms just to the bldg. I am now wondering if we should change our ressie to BC instead. We were both really looking forward to staying at the Boardalk, we thought the atmosphere and the nightlife of the resort would be wonderful. I know the Beach Club is literally right across the lake. We also had a Boardwalk view booked and hoped to get a iew of fireworks. Is it possible to view them from BC villas? I was hoping to hear from guests who have recently stayed thier about the construcion and also some pros to staying at either resort.
Thank you :wizard:

A major pipe replacement project is underway through the summer of 2005. No work is scheduled inside guest rooms, but there may be some noise on the 2nd and 3rd floors between the hours of 9:00am and 5:00pm Monday through Friday.

As for the fireworks, we stayed there in May, and while you can see some of the fireworks that shoot high in the sky, your Epcot sightline really looks more towards Spaceship Earth than towards the World Showcase lagoon.

Hope this helps...

We stayed 5 nights in a Boardwalk studio in Oct. We were on the 3rd floor and the crews were working on the 2nd floor. We had NO issues at all. They work during the day (9-5 I think) so there was no excess noise when trying to sleep. We also walked on the 2nd floor hallways as another couple we were there with had a room on 2. The only problem (and I wouldn't even call it a problem) was they had covering on the carpet that made it a little tricky to walk on (it was clear plastic that bunched in some places).

To answer your question about the fireworks, you wouldn't be able to see them from the BCV. If you have a Boardwalk View ressie you should be able to see some of Illuminations.

I personally love the Boardwalk and wouldn't change my ressie. All the reasons you listed are why we love the Boardwalk (in addition to the actual resort being great). In fact my wife and I have ressies for the first week of May for our 20th anniversary and we're staying in a Boardwalk view studio.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest