Consolidating school loans?

I consolidated about three years ago. All of my loans were federal subsidized and I consolidated with the government. I was able to lock them in at 3.5%. I was able to do it with one phone call. They sent me the paperwork, I signed it, and returned it. It was very easy and painless. I have had plenty of offers to consolidate with outside agencies before I did it with the govt, but I chose not to. By staying with the govt I can still defer them if I need to due to a financial hardship or if I go back to school. I don't think you can do that if you have a loan through and outside agency.

HTH

salliemae dot com

Try them first - don't know what rates are right now, but like the above poster, I got a very low rate 2% on my first one and 4% the 2nd time I consolidate (first for undergrad, then for master's)

With SallieMae if you do automatic withdrawal, they shave off a .25%, so my current rate is 3.75%, then after 3 years of "on time payment" which if you are doing automatic payment, you will do no problem, you get another 1% off. So in another 2.5 years my rate will be 2.75%

Good Luck

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter